09 Natc Season

ishy

From the front page of NATC site " We lowered the entry fees to $75 for riders, $40 for minders. Late fees are $100 on Friday before weekend events and $150 for day of event for riders. Minder late fees are $50. The refund period is extended to two weeks after the event."

Correct me if I'm wrong, if a riders arrives at Omaha Friday the 29th and enters for the events on the 30th and 31st, the entry fee is $100 ?.

AND

" We adopted a twin shock class that will ride the support line"

What are the rules on bike requirments, Age of machine, air cooled, twin shock, drum brake ?.

ishy,

If you pre-register prior to the deadline for the round of the national that you are riding the entry fee is $75 riders, $40 minders.

If you show up on Friday per your scenario and register for the rounds on the following Sat and Sun then the late fees are in effect.

Taken from the 2009 NATC rule book in the "Technical Inspection" section.

"I. TS-Class: Twin Shock design, Air-Cooled engine, No Hydraulics, Must have Drum brakes"

Hope that helps.

I think a $25 penalty for entering the Fri before the event is a sensible amount, and probably encourage a late entry, the $200 late entry fee of last season was a bit of a show stopper.

If I feel like riding an event two or three days before the event I'm more likely to go on the spur of the moment.

I plan on taking the kid's to TTC but might get a bee up my ass before hand and do the Omaha round also, depending on what is going on at the time.

I think a $25 penalty for entering the Fri before the event is a sensible amount, and probably encourage a late entry, the $200 late entry fee of last season was a bit of a show stopper.

If I feel like riding an event two or three days before the event I'm more likely to go on the spur of the moment.

I plan on taking the kid's to TTC but might get a bee up my ass before hand and do the Omaha round also, depending on what is going on at the time.

Go on get the rv out!

I seen that the 2008 year end meeting highlights make the following statement:

We adopted a special format like has been done at the Sooner Cup and elsewhere for the rounds at the TN venue.

Can someone explain in detail what this special format is? I havent rode nationals for a couple years and I'm going to ride some this year.

Thanks in Advanced!

Edited by ryanroz

Hey Ryan, I was at the Sooner Cup last year. They had the lower classes all ride like a normal event in the morning, then the Pros rode in the afternoon. The Pros started at section 1 and everyone rode it then they moved on to section 2 and so on. They took a short break between loops. This format was really good for the spectators and for people filming because everyone stayed together the whole time. Not sure if the riders liked it becuase they really didn't have the freedom to break away from the pack if they wanted... I guess they just plan on testing this format at the TTC Nationals.

As I recall, we ran three "active " sections at a time for the Pros, so they could ride the three sections three times each, spectatators could view each section close together if needed, then we would progress to the next three sections, and all could move between them.

The sections being somewhat long and complex required 3-4 observers each, which were provided by the club, so none of the supporting riders had to be called in to observe, though there may have been club riders in the morning who helped in the afternoon.

Seems to me the major problem in dong this type thing in a National would be getting maybe twice the number of support class riders through the sections in a given amount of time. Those sections would need to flow well. Doing the math on section time and number of riders becomes a problem of time!

Some insight, hopefully! Been there, done that, bought too many t-shirts! Thanks Clive!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda new here, but is this old news about the change in rules this year? I just happened to stumble upon the Mid-America Trials Team website and read the following:

http://www.matt-trials.com/newsline.html#

NATC ANNOUNCES MAJOR CHANGES FOR TRIALS IN 2009

The NATC has just announced that there will be major rule changes to trials competition in 2009. Here is only a preview as the complete rulebook is being written now.

(1) The idea of different sections for the various classes of riders is a thing of the past. In 2009, all riders will ride the same sections and the same lines. You have never seen a golf competition where the golfers played different holes. So, trials competition is now like golf in that respect.

(2) Each rider will establish a handicap number with his club and the NATC. The riders will have their handicap number posted on the Internet. It will be the duty of trials masters to download the handicap number of each rider. The trials master will then subtract each rider

Ishy that could sure save some money by not having to travel. So how about we all pre enter and just have our cards drawn from a hat and they can email us how we finished.

Or maybe someone has been smoking some of that special weed that was growing in the woods at the last national we rode there.

Ishy that could sure save some money by not having to travel. So how about we all pre enter and just have our cards drawn from a hat and they can email us how we finished.

Or maybe someone has been smoking some of that special weed that was growing in the woods at the last national we rode there.

It all depends on the size of your handicap.

I can't see how this will fly... and april first is far from march first....

The natc rule book makes no mention of this and if they do relase this rule then they should get on that with a confirmation.....

I won't ride what the pro's ride and they would get extreemly board riding what I ride. This sport is all about ability. I agree that its not fair that I don't have any abilities but I can only blame neumerous beers and my tv for keeping me in front of it. Rules won't change that but it would be killer if they could get me another beer.... Where's the beer clause!

natc rule book 2009 as of today

--Biff

You snowbirds can still come down for the Sooner Cup and I will provide buckets of that cheap Oklahoma beer! I have still enough tequila to make you want to strip and swim in the creek! If Bear and co. make it, it could get really interisting! :(