Recommendations - Sherpa T

alan_nc

Steve,

You are correct. It makes them easier to replace and doesn't subject them to the heat and grease of the inside of the engine. I have mine mounted on the frame up by the coil - under the gas tank.

Alan

Think this originated from the ssdt, for normal trials change it often and its fine I've found.

• 4 weeks later...

Try using a condensor for a 1964/65 Ford Mustang from advance auto parts or auto-zone. Mount it on the frame by the connection terminal block. They last longer, spark hotter and they are cheaper than the bultaco condensors.

Edited by ryanroz

Try using a condensor for a 1964/65 Ford Mustang from advance auto parts or auto-zone. Mount it on the frame by the connection terminal block. They last longer, spark hotter and they are cheaper than the bultaco condensors.

Wonder if our local "auto parts store" will have one of those!

No but something close enough, that is if they still actually stock them on the shelf!

Most automotive Condensers are of a similar capacitive value and work.

Wayne...

Wayne is right; the Ford Mustang has a condensor that uses a similar capacitive value; just make sure you use one that has the same capacitive value or a little bit larger and you will be ok. The reason why I use the Ford Mustang condensor is because the physical size of it is rather small, just a little bit bigger than the bultaco OEM condensor.

Any auto parts store that sells Bosch products on the other side of the pond should be able to at least order you one I would think. Maybe a old MG, Mini, or VW Bug Condensor would work, you would have to do some research.

Edited by ryanroz

• 3 weeks later...
Group,

Need some suggestions:

I ride a Model 92 Sherpa T in Trials. Totally stock bike, points, AMAL carb. Great bike, runs fine, rebuilt about a year ago. Plenty of power, very good throttle response.

My problem: It isn't now, and never has been a "first kick start". 5 to 7 kicks when cold and usually 2 or 3 when warm. This is a real pain in Trials where you have to start the bike about 30 times in an afternoon.

Any suggestions to improve starting. I don't even care if I loose a little power.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

You might try holding your finger over the bleed hole when you tickle it.. You can't get my 92 started if you don't do it that way.. Dean