Wye Valley Traders Cups Trial

pitley

As one of the seven, can I say thats a real shame. :blink:

Will you be returning the entries etc? as I cannot make 28th June.

Thanks for your support steve, no doubt see you in september?

Dan will be returning entries asap.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

• 8 months later...

Any chance of some feedback here please folks?

Am i right in thinking that this event would have run if the trial had 2 routes?

A trial aimed at the clubman who support most nationals in the calender?

Deviations from the main route for experts?

Clubman route rideable for twinshocks and A C Monos as well as modern bikes?

No stoppers like Tremorithic?

Or is it that the Traders name itself that puts people off by thinking they will be riding the sames BTC sections used in the early 90s?

We would like one day to see this trial back on the national calender again but we need to know whats wanted, so any good comments would be welcome

Cheers Andy :barf:

shame you cant get enough entries to get it off the ground, if you genuinely think its do-able on a twinshock why not fire it off at traditionla trials championship std with perhaps an eased route.. us no good riders always like a ride out and our moneys the same as an experts.

Having ridden Wye Valley in the 90's and now having a go at the Normandale series seems a lot of folk like a traditional trial run under no stop rules and catering for good club men on modern and good boys on twin sock. air cooled mono and pre 65.

Last weeks Normadales had 100 plus both days.

What date have you in mind for this year as fancy a trip back down memory lane

I think you have go to have dual routes. For an event to thrive outside of a championship you have to cater for a broad group of abilities, Bemrose etc, Cearly date is key also.

I'm suprised you withdrew the Trevor Hunt Trophy from the Classic series, it was so well received (if a bit tight on time) - suprised it couldn't of been eased enough for a straight forward non championship route within the regs of the series. I would of thought being part of the series helps with the reputation of the event and therefore entries. Still at least its still running. Good luck !

Thanks chaps, we got a committee meeting coming up next month so i can put this forward then, i know what to look for and standard to set it at so hope for a date this time in 2011.

The Trevor Hunt Trophy this year will be for Twinshocks and Pre 65s, a two route classic trial based on last years normandale round.

will you have over 50 on modern as you have previous, its one of the best trials around, us oldies are happy to ride twinshock route. or are you aiming for the miller championship?

Sorry chap only old bikes this time for thr T H T as we are trying a new format, and we are not aiming for a miller round.

If the Traders runs next year i am hoping we can use the same classes as the normandale series. Then it would be a clubman trial with expert deviations, a trial to appeal to a wider range of rider ability.

As i previously said there is no date for this event as of yet, but myself and our comp secretary feel this event has far too much history to be lost like so many other nationals.

I am sure the first Traders was run back in 1928 then run up to 1994, so thats 60 years give or take world war 2, foot n mouth etc, so thats a fair run, so it deseves to be back on the calender in my opinion.

its a real shame the T H T is not going to be open to us over 50, I know alot of riders who were looking foward to it again. Do you think you will get enough riders limiting to older bikes only? you put so much into organizing and running it, surely you need a big entry ,you could run 100 plus easy .I dont think I would enter the Traders, maybe just the name, The first year you ran the hunt with 2 routes was spot on, could you not revert back to that formula, is it not about entries.

yes to what that bloke said..rode trevor hunt the last two years over 40 modern bike. really enjoy`d it both years. its allways a tough call because it clashes with other road based events on the same day. yes it was harder in 09 than it was in 08. but i seem to remember loads of people moaning after the 08 event that it was a bit easy. it became a acu classic round in 09 and as you said you would some sections were made a bit harder for the normandale round. why try to fix what aint broke..its a good day out on the bike and would be a shame not to do it this year..

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would love to do it but......

Section severity will be similar to a National Clubmans Championship Trial.The course will be 2 laps of 20 sections road based.

One route will be on offer.

put me off, as only been in trials for a year, am in western centre, live in cheltenham so not far and usually do the middle (clubman) route and try and do a trial every weekend, weather not withstanding. If it had different route options then I would have been much happier as could have dropped down or gone up a route when i got there and looked at it, but maybe I am a recreational trial rider not a serious competitor, but just my ten penny worth.

HTH John, over 40 2009 sherco 250, road reg.

Personally I would love to do it but......

Section severity will be similar to a National Clubmans Championship Trial.The course will be 2 laps of 20 sections road based.

One route will be on offer.

put me off, as only been in trials for a year, am in western centre, live in cheltenham so not far and usually do the middle (clubman) route and try and do a trial every weekend, weather not withstanding. If it had different route options then I would have been much happier as could have dropped down or gone up a route when i got there and looked at it, but maybe I am a recreational trial rider not a serious competitor, but just my ten penny worth.

HTH John, over 40 2009 sherco 250, road reg.

JOHN , take a read from post number 19 :thumbup: