Wye Valley Traders Cups Trial

pitley

The Wye Valley Auto Club are proud to announce the return of the Wye Valley Traders Cups Trial after an absence of 15 years.

Once a round of the British Trials Championship back in the days of the one lap 40 section format, always had well over the 130 entry.This event started back in 1928 through to the last BTC round in 1994 when the current format came into being.

The 2009 event will take place on Saturday 25th of April (day before the Victory Trial)

Section severity will be similar to a National Clubmans Championship Trial.

The course will be 2 laps of 20 sections road based.

One route will be on offer.

Classes are for adult solo also an over 40s class.

The distance covered by the trial is aprox 9 miles.

Entry limit is set at 80.

Regs will be availible from www.acuwesterncentre.org.uk or from entry secretary Dan Sanders 26 Birch Hill Road, Clehonger, Herefordshire HR2 9RF or call 01981 259890 or 250458.

The start and finish will be at the Crown Inn Longtown Herefordshire. BnB is availible at the pub, for details call 01873 860217 or 860683.

Also a campsite near to the start, for details call 01873 860221.

So those riders riding in the Victory Trial at Knighton you have a chance of 2 days riding, and if you like rocks and steps we got plenty, and its also good practice for those riders who are doing the 6 days a week or so later.

Also in this trial there is a good possibility of having a crack at the subs at Tremorithic, as of yet never cleaned..

Any one wishing to offer their Observing services call Andy on 07976529955 or PM me through TC.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on folks.

If you miss this trial you'll regret it. The sections here are absolutely amazing. Stunning scenery too. It may even make for a good family weekend!..there's nothing but sheep around there, so it might be a good idea to bring the missus! :guinness:

I'll be there and hope to see lots of you good TC folk there too. Maybe there could even be a TC gathering in the pub??

Roll on 25th APRIL!

Now I have two children its a bit far for me from Newcastle but I rode this when it was a brit championship round in 88,89 and 91.

Its an excellent trial and had some great natural sections

maybe next year for me.

I'd love to ride trem again, best score was in 89 when I fived the second sub and cleaned the rest, big grins on the drive home ! :guinness:

Now I have two children its a bit far for me from Newcastle but I rode this when it was a brit championship round in 88,89 and 91.

Its an excellent trial and had some great natural sections

maybe next year for me.

I'd love to ride trem again, best score was in 89 when I fived the second sub and cleaned the rest, big grins on the drive home ! :lol:

Great ride on Trem that man, it will be worth the run down from newcastle next year as we should again run the day before the Victory so you have two days of sport :guinness:

• 2 weeks later...

A fortnight ago myself and pitley cleared out Pont-yr-ynys and we've just spent today with other WVAC members clearing out the sections at Tremorithic. All I can say is these are straight up, no messing about, natural sections. This trial is not one to be missed. Two laps of twenty fantastic sections. If you like rocks you're gonna love this trial. :thumbup: . If you've got an entry to the Scottish this'll be a great warm up and if you haven't then there's a great two days of action here with the Victory Trial the day after the Traders :closedeyes: .

Ooh, nice pic. Now I wish I was riding rather than observing!

Mmmm...might have to rethink things here!

Working on getting some of my mates up from Northampton area pitley, so hopefully there'll be some more entries soon.

SUre they will come flooding in anyway....cant miss a trial in a place like this eh folks!

Ooh, nice pic. Now I wish I was riding rather than observing!

Mmmm...might have to rethink things here!

Working on getting some of my mates up from Northampton area pitley, so hopefully there'll be some more entries soon.

SUre they will come flooding in anyway....cant miss a trial in a place like this eh folks!

Nice one stu, round em up if you can dude!!

Get an entry in we got the observer cover for you, iam sure you wont be dissapointed :rotfl:

• 3 weeks later...