125's

shercoman2k8

Hey all,

Have been planning a new bike soon, it will be my first ever brand new bike so don't min spending a small bit extra to make sure it's the right bike for me. Was always thinking of just getting the normal 1.25 but then saw the academy and racing models!

What are the differences between the racing and stock and the academy and stock? Is there anything I should be wary about? I heard the racing has a high comp head on it, does this speed up engine deteriorisastion... rings, bearings and the like?

Is it really worth spending that bit extra to get a finely tuned motor or am I better buying the normal 1.25 and using the money saved on some decent footpegs and to add a few performance/pimp parts myself? I feel inclined to choose the later as I will be able to get it dead on perfect for my riding whereas there isnt much left to be tuned on the academy and racing models? Would I feel that much of a difference between them or is it something only really noticeable at a pro level?

Is it true the academy is only 150 euros dearer than the standard 125?

So yeah, any advice greatfully welcomed,

Regards,

Jamie

Edited by shercoman2k8

Hey all,

Have been planning a new bike soon, it will be my first ever brand new bike so don't min spending a small bit extra to make sure it's the right bike for me. Was always thinking of just getting the normal 1.25 but then saw the academy and racing models!

What are the differences between the racing and stock and the academy and stock? Is there anything I should be wary about? I heard the racing has a high comp head on it, does this speed up engine deteriorisastion... rings, bearings and the like?

Is it really worth spending that bit extra to get a finely tuned motor or am I better buying the normal 1.25 and using the money saved on some decent footpegs and to add a few performance/pimp parts myself? I feel inclined to choose the later as I will be able to get it dead on perfect for my riding whereas there isnt much left to be tuned on the academy and racing models? Would I feel that much of a difference between them or is it something only really noticeable at a pro level?

Is it true the academy is only 150 euros dearer than the standard 125?

So yeah, any advice greatfully welcomed,

Regards,

Jamie

I think the stock bike is fine unless you just want to spend more!

I am in a similar position, I think last years academy the only difference was the stickers and that it was tuned by mr paxau, the new gas gas models seem to be very popular with most of the top lads going for them because of there lightness but mostly they all have the standard model and not the racing models. Best bet is to try and grab a ride on as many bikes as you can and what about the beta, they seem to have a higher spec than earlier models as standard.

On another note does anyone now if there is an academy bike due this year as I haven't heard anything about one. Oh and bare this in mind, with sherco not selling as many bikes this year as previous and gas gas taking most of them you would have thought they need to step up there '10 models and I heard a new frame is due.

Yeah, I know there pretty well tuned but would it be noticeable to somebody at say... club level?

Its going to be another few months before I can get the money together, maybe around september, hopefully the newer models will of been released by then! Its definately going to be a Sherco as they have the most bottom end out of the lot, I quite like the gas gas but kind of want to stay with the sherco as I have around

The Racing is not availble in 125 only 290 and 320 4t....

There is no paxau 125 models this year as he is to busy with the factory guys.

There might be and acadamy but only real diference there is the graphics and a small change in the carb...

Edited by jonnysherco2009

Wot did I tell you, nothing wrong with the standard bike. Has more torque and easier to ride than the Gasser!

One can Bling to taste, will not help your riding though!

I like those graphics on yours, wish they were better quality than you reported!

:D

Wot did I tell you, nothing wrong with the standard bike. Has more torque and easier to ride than the Gasser!

One can Bling to taste, will not help your riding though!

I like those graphics on yours, wish they were better quality than you reported!

;)

Im sure Mr G wouldn't be very happy if I called you the words I wanted to call you right now!

Actually, I have found a solution apart from that film, clear yacht varnish... how did one forget about this stuff... works great!

Will probably wait for the '10 models and get a standard bike, as you said they have plenty of torque and are so nice to ride, my saving plan, if I dont spend anything un-nescessary means I should have the money by october... Then, if I dont like the '10 models get a backstock 09 for a reasonable amount cheaper!

shercoman2k8 Posted Mar 5 2009, 03:25 AM

Will probably wait for the '10 models and get a standard bike, as you said they have plenty of torque and are so nice to ride, my saving plan, if I dont spend anything un-nescessary means I should have the money by october... Then, if I dont like the '10 models get a backstock 09 for a reasonable amount cheaper!

Well, that sounds right fiscally responsible, If you need someone to hold onto that money so you don't spend it on anything unnecessary, I am willing to take time out of my busy schedule to do that for you. :D;)

The Yacht Varnish, is it flexible when dry?