Owners Of The Evo, I Would Love To Hear Your Feedback On The Bike, (290)!

pillar

Flying with Cope in a "very small" aircraft. Now that is a scary thought!

Hell, it even scares me! I can carry about 350lbs in a 2 seat Cessna with full fuel, that means me and Darrell. Change that to a pilot, bike and bags and things change!

Removing passenger seat and installing trials bike with wheels removed has yet to be done as, there is baggage room. Ad bags and you are back to Darrels weight. All about placement and balance you see! Just have to make things fit.

How long can it be to BC at 120mph? Bad weather and all? Hummm?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently purchased a Beta 290 Evo, so far i like it. I have been riding a 2003 Scorpa sy250 since last Augest. I liked it too however I weigh 245lbs and ride at 7000' to 9000' altitude. Even though the scorpa has good performance I think it would be a better fit to a lighter rider at a lower altitude. My riding skills are amature level. I have only ridden the 290 once out on the trails, and i think with the ignition set on low the motor is as smooth as the Scorpa but more robust. On the high as mentioned before its much more powerful from low RPM's thru to the top. After one wash the rear suspension squeeked Like it was never never greased, so i took the bike apart and greased everything. Mine had good grease in the swingarm bushings but everything else was almost dry and the linkage fastners were over tight. I'm surprised that they were not stripped at the factory. I think the handling is very good. At this point in my riding i cant tell the weight difference but i can say that the rear is easyer to hop on the beta. To me the front lifts about as easy as the Scorpa. Also i like the progeressive suspension on the beta. It dosent move thru most of its travel like the Scorpa over the small stuff, so the chassis feels more stabil and dosent bottom so easy.

Edited by Liviob