Oil Mix Ratio & Spokes & Year Of Production On A Ty175

gazzaecowarrior

Hi there

Just bught an old TY175 to restore and am picking it up on sunday. The autolube has been taken out and I was just wondering what sort of pre-mix ratios people use. I run my Beta on a 70-1 semi synthetic mix so would the same be suitable ?

Also does anybody know if the TY175 has the dreaded Z spoke system. As I haven't seen the bike I can't tell and the guy I'm buying it off doesnt care what spokes it's got. The only reason I ask is because I had a TY250 mono which needed a wheel rebuilt and all the wheel re-builders near me refused to touch it because of the Z spokes.

Finally, does anybody know how the frame and engine numbers correlate to the year of prduction so I can work out how old the bike is ?

Looking forward to some good responses off you twinshock boys !!

Gaz

i rum my ty 175 on castrol tts at 50:1 with no problems, but some people say even this is too lean?

as for dating, write to the customer service deptment at Yamaha uk with the frame and engine numbers, they should send you back a dating letter, good enough to get the bike road registered if you want.

my bike has got conventional spokes.

post some before and after pics so we can have a look.

cheers

paul.

Just std spokes on a ty175 and i run my ty250 t/s on 33-1 as i like to see a bit of smoke to stop me worrying about a seize up!!!

Dave

I second that, main bearings also seam to last a lot longer. (see Beta thread)