01 321 Or 06 300

rmxboy

I have been looking for a tidy '01 321 for the last year to buy. I have got one that I need to get some more details on but I now have the option of an '06 300 that hasnt done a lot of work for about 25% more. I am undecided as I have heard that the 300s are a bit harder on the gearboxes and kickstart gears etc. But they have latter technology etc. Anyone have strong views either way? Anyone gone from a 321 to a 300pro. ? Thanks for your time.

Hi

I went from a 1999 270 (that is wery similar to a 01 321 exept from dispacement and colour) to a 03 200 Pro. (and later to a 04 300 pro). The difference is so big you wont believe it.

Only 25% more? Go for the Pro! No doubt!

-Jan

My girlfriend and I have had a 2000 321 (really solid bike); a 2005 200 Pro, a 2005 280 Pro, a 2006 300 Pro, 2007 250 Pro, 2007 225 racing Pro, then a 2008 280 Pro. The 300 was a very tiring bike for me to ride and loved to be riden hard, I found the 280 to be more controllable for me (didn't try to tear my arms off all the time). If you are an expert rider, you could use what the 300 has to offer, but for a great all around trial/trail bike it's hard to beat the 321. The 300 is lighter, more reactive, and has a more capable suspension, but on the other hand I did have to replace the kickstart gear (I was careless), the transmissions have only given us one problem (after our 2005 200 Pro went sailing through the air and landed hard on the shift lever, we had to replace the shift shaft) Resale may be better for a bike that is 5 years newer but there always seems to be a good market for the 2001 bikes.

Spencer

No contest 300 pro every time,an 8 year old bike is bound to have done more than a 3 year old one.The pro is powerful,but a slow action twistgrip and a flywheel weight will make it much easier to ride.The difference between the 2 is like night and day,definetly spend the extra

if it were me i'd ride both bikes and see which one suits me best. i've had a 321 very nice bike, reliable and an confident inspiring machine. I've also had a 300 pro, lots of power lovely bike too. reliability if they are in similar condition the 321 is better. on the 300 everything is fast running quick to respond and in the right hands it can be an animal. the 321 is a bit more of plodder, would suit a not so good rider has more weight which can be a good thing.

I had an 01 321, loved it, was half scared when I traded it of and got an 07 300. The 321 was a great bike, no real problems with it. The pro is lighter, has more power but still carries the low end torque that I loved on the 01. Big difference in the suspension and the brakes. The 300 wins easy after riding through water, brakes actually work which wasn't the case with the 321. Can't really tell you what the difference in the shocks/forks is but the pro stuff is way better. My advise, by the pro unless you are just going to trail ride, if that's the case the 321 might be better but for trials the 300 is a better choice. Only beefs with the 07... you have to learn to start it, all the pros are like that and I never have taken a liking to the shifter, just doesn't feel right, we have had 4 pro models at our house and they all are the same in both respects.