Ossa Return

greeves

Well Wayne today we had a trial near Madrid and everibody was talking about it. It looks somebody bought the remains of the company and will bring it to life again starting in a "new" classic replica. I am shure we will have "official" news soon.

Edited by Greeves

The real art would be to bring back the classic bikes and try and sell them to nations farmers for checking round the livestock and gathering the moors just like in the good old days (listen to me - and I am only 34!)

That way they would sell more bikes and perhaps enlighten some of the newer generations of farmers and land owners that trials bikes are acceptable things to ride and seperate from the much hated scramblers and mini bikes as they do very little damage to the land and make such a soft noise they are less worrying to livestock than the honda big red that is now the farming vehicle of choice.

Then again, even with good balance skills I guess carrying a 50kg sack of sheep cake on an Ossa would be considerably harder than performing the same feat on the quad!

...and as far as the Bulto family is concerned (at least according to a grandson I spoke to a few times) the name is theirs. While Bultaco Motorcycles (previously Hugh's Bultaco) seem to have registered the copyright on the logo's

It's probably a right legal mess! The family seem to promote the more recent merchandising efforts by someone.

Wayne....

Sounds like great news to me!!

Don't want to sound negative but...

I'm surprised about the 'new' classic replica, is there really a big enough market for them?

Even if they have bought the old tooling etc, I just cant see them selling a lot of them

AMO

I would have thought not much of a market, BUT I could very well be wrong.

Ossa's don't seem the make the same money a Bultaco seems to from what sales I have seen recently on ebay for example, and there have been some bikes that looked in pretty good shape.

But whatever it's honourable that someone should try.

Wayne....

I would have thought not much of a market, BUT I could very well be wrong.

Ossa's don't seem the make the same money a Bultaco seems to from what sales I have seen recently on ebay for example, and there have been some bikes that looked in pretty good shape.

But whatever it's honourable that someone should try.

Wayne....

My thoughts are whether a new "classic" can be built, and sold, for less than the cost of a nicely restored "classic". I wouldn't think so.

Interesting.... but I suspect the market just wouldn't be enough to make it work, I mean the bike would end up costing, what 3, 4, probably 5k pounds.

The Indian built Royal Enfield is perhaps a similar example, ancient technology built new - prices in the UK similar to the above has generated a small market. Mind you, the latest one is unit construction and fuel injected! :rolleyes: Emission regulations I guess.

http://www.oxfordshireroyalenfield.co.uk/prices.htm

Steve

My god if mr honda made some rtl s or rs 250 he would sell a load they go for stupid money

With the ossa they were good bikes but you could't get the spares . if they made the gripper not the mar they could be on to something,

british champs last week under 40 starters, club twinshock or classic trial regularly over 100 do the maths