Pre65 Anybody Know The Day 1 Results ?

You won't find anything on the SSDT site I'm afraid - we're two entirely different committees, and although I post the results when I get a copy, that's generally when some kind soul drops into the SSDT office on Saturday night / Sunday morning with a copy of the final results. Anne (P65 Secretary) normally pops in to give me an update on the Sunday, so if nothing else I'll post them then.

Andy's up there too, so I'm sure he'll post an update as soon as he gets results himself. Sorry we can't help more, but we're trying to get packed up for moving out to the Fort at 8am tomorrow, so it's a bit chaotic here as it is!

the one area where the p65 reallu falls short as the worlds best trial is communication.

frankly its an attitude that is unacceptable in todays world ( see hilarys excellent comments and the debate that that started in support)

fao totalshell,

fact - the Pre65 is run by volunteers who are not paid and who want to ensure that the event runs smoothly on the ground for riders, officials & spectators. This is at times can be hampered by the weather in the North of Scotland so it is a pressure situation for the organisers to support the event and again, I will state are volunteers.

fact - the Pre65 is not sponsered in the same way as other large events

it is not fair of you to criticise the lack or results being posted on these people. there are all busy providing a role/

the results will likely be posted on this site when Andy & his crew get the opportunity

If having results is that improtant to you then you have 2 choices - 1) get up there yourself, spectate (FOC of course, no entrey fee for this !) and get them first hand or 2) be a volunteer & spend some of your time making this element of the event work for others. get a laptop, get up there, get online & post the info. I am sure if you were to make the offer of 'braodcasting' the results it could be welcomed by the organsiers as long as it does not impose on other volunteers who are making the event work.

All too easy for those of us sitting in the house/at work to criticise ain't it ?!?!?

Oh, & the SSDT replies on volenteers too !

Hi Guy's.

Hi Bj?

Yes we know the event is run by volenteers, and we also know how bad like minded people are, comunicating with each other. I think i mentioned this last year. We must perhaps set up a system for next year. It would only take a mobile phone or better still some one with a Blackberrie, (my spelings bad this morning)? linked to some one willing to post the information on here.(Me) if my legs are still to bad to ride or dont get considered for an entry. It is realy frustrating not knowing whats happening up there, when Pre65 is your only passion in life now. Or in OTF's case one of two. (Good luck with the wedding mate). So there is no need to get upset with our thoughts, we would be there if we could, and in OTF's case he as BIN There,Dun It, and got the teeshirt.

Regard's Charlie.

thanks for your comments,

as a trials official myself, i never realised that been a volunteer meant being able to abdicat quality as you were unpaid for a task.

even at the p65 getting results is nigh impossible unless your in the know.

how hard would it to to post the results on the door of the school on the saturday morning before the first rider starts?

as the premier competion for p65 bikes is it acceptable for results not to be avialble officially from any source other than the competitors own results?

how difficult would it be for the organisers to say.. hey jim your a silver surfer post the results on this internet stuff on saturday night can you..hey sue your sons at school can he use his laptop to put the results on the tinternet.

i come at this from having ridden soley p65 trials for 15 years in possibly the countries best clubs who produce internet results before 5pm on the day of the trial to all entrants and club members and all done by somebody who doesnt even attend the trial!! Granted thier annual trial that attracts 180 riders meant that results were delayed until almost 6pm on the day of the trial....

clearly somebody must know what the results for day 1 were, why is the information not available 24hrs later..

why am i not in kinlochleven... well i by chance 2 years ago stayed on to watch the first day of the ssdt and am hooked so come sunday i'm travelling the 600 odd miles north for a week of trials where i'll know whose dropped what each morning and during the day..where i can afford any of the bikes being ridden and could buy any of them on monday morning at my local dealer if i chose to..

Edited by totalshell

fao totalshell,

fact - the Pre65 is run by volunteers who are not paid and who want to ensure that the event runs smoothly on the ground for riders, officials & spectators. This is at times can be hampered by the weather in the North of Scotland so it is a pressure situation for the organisers to support the event and again, I will state are volunteers.

fact - the Pre65 is not sponsered in the same way as other large events

it is not fair of you to criticise the lack or results being posted on these people. there are all busy providing a role/

the results will likely be posted on this site when Andy & his crew get the opportunity

If having results is that improtant to you then you have 2 choices - 1) get up there yourself, spectate (FOC of course, no entrey fee for this !) and get them first hand or 2) be a volunteer & spend some of your time making this element of the event work for others. get a laptop, get up there, get online & post the info. I am sure if you were to make the offer of 'braodcasting' the results it could be welcomed by the organsiers as long as it does not impose on other volunteers who are making the event work.

All too easy for those of us sitting in the house/at work to criticise ain't it ?!?!?

Oh, & the SSDT replies on volenteers too !

BJ I don't think the comments were meant to upset any of the hard working volunteers, but surely it is something that could very easliy sorted out?

I am not the worlds biggest pre-65 fan but non-the-less would still love to see the results.

Pete

Thanks for that Charlie. If it hadnt been for the wedding we would have been there. Next year hopefully.

So checking my watch it's been finished for 5 hours so i know the results being posted anywhere are a no no for all the reasons mentioned year in year out but all i want to know is who won?

Somebody must have rung somebody else and told them who won.

They'll all be in the pub with their trophys by now :0)

:moon:

just back...wish I wasn't.

Yesterday, damn wet, moor were horrible carying a Beta off Meall na Chruadie is NOT recommended.

Friday

Paul(?) Leys 0

Alan Crayk 1

Neil Gaunt 1

Murray Whittaker 2 (couple of others as well.)

Calvert had dropped 5, Carlos Casas was on 6

word when I left was that the first three had eached dropped at least a mark, Whittaker was still clean to Pipeline. Pipeline was really easy today lots of cleans but horrid yesterday.

results here http://www.todotrial.com/ttclasico/indexttclasico-total.htm

Am i missing something here? how come the UK's premier pre 65 trial's results can only be found on a Spanish site!!! or are they on the SSDT one? If they are not available on the SSDT site then there is a lot of truth in what Mike Rapley has pointed out in his column and it really is a poor show that nearly 3 days after the event people are still trying to find out the results.

Really think some of you need to get a grip, do you criticise the Scott when their results appear after midnight, or on the Richmond site the next day or on TC the next day, no. Any major trial wants their results out at the presentation NOT on some website. Once they close the office up on the Saturday most if not all of the committee and organisers spend the next week in Fort William at the six days, are they not allowed to attend until such times as they have satisfied every ones demand for scores. The Club have none of the communications resources that the SSDT has and has been pointed out many many times they are completely seperate events. Perhaps one of them should drop a copy off in the SSDT office but it's not compulsory.

Why is it on Todotrial?? I think that's an easy call. Our Spanish friends respect the organisers and revere the events in Scotland so much that the Todotrial boys come to cover it so yeah it get's there fast.

I find it incredible the length some people will go to to criticise the Pre 65 organisers, I wonder how much of that criticism comes from those who don't get an entry in the trial.

This topic rears its head every year without fail!

Whether the results are in a database, typed up, hand written or scribbled on a chalk board - there's plenty of folk ready and willing to publish them given half a chance. Are the results kept secret on purpose, is there a worry about inaccurate scores or something?