Fuel Tank Presure Build-up - Bubbling Vent Hose

dschigoda

When ever I ride my GG 280 Edition, after several minutes of riding, my fuel tank vent hose starts hissing and bubbling. So, I have been periodically opening the fuel tank cap to let the excess air pressure out. I appears that the fuel is expanding due to the heat that it is picking up from the engine and radiator. I have an aftermarket one-way valve in the vent line. The engine seems to runs slightly better each time I relieve the tank pressure.

Should I remove the one-way valve from the vent line to fix this? ...or should I use a different one-way valve?

Why would you fit a one-way valve to a vent line when it needs to vent both ways? I know some tank vents have a device to stop fuel pouring out when the bike is upside down, but that is not a one-way valve.

Why would you fit a one-way valve to a vent line when it needs to vent both ways? I know some tank vents have a device to stop fuel pouring out when the bike is upside down, but that is not a one-way valve.

Ah ha! That's it! I wasn't aware that there is such a device. Do you know where I could get one?

Thanks.

Ah ha! That's it! I wasn't aware that there is such a device. Do you know where I could get one?

Thanks.

Any good bike shop that has parts for dirt bikes should have them. The ones for the MX bikes are a little larger than the OEM GasGas part, but should work.

Jon

Hi My TXT has a MX breather valve, and it too bubbles and hisses after use and when its a hot day, Doesn't realy cause a problem to me so i think yours is ok.

Hope this helps

Azz

I called the local shop - they said I likely have the correct device in the vent line. They said that often a piece of sand or dirt can get into the device and cause it to hang up and not work properly. The choice is to either clean it somehow, replace it, or remove it. I leaning toward removing it, and just going with a vent tube. Me and my bike don's spend too much time upsidedown.