Two World Rounds ?

micm

I look forward to the next years Uk Trials World Round in Central Scotland. Nevertheless it is a bit of a slog from the South of England.

Looking at the World Rounds Andorra stands out a bit. It's a hospitable place, has fair skiing, cheap booze and is the size of an iPod. But why has it got a round at all?

Maybe no else wanted one. But doesn't this give our Spanish friends 2 bites at the cherry? You even have to fly to Gerona to get there. (Gassers pick up those oh so necessary spares!)

So why not have a Scottish World Round and an English World Round. You could in theory hold one in the South of England sometimes perhaps in a hitherto unknown of combination of Seymour's Arena and Hook Wood. (The 2 best artificial/semi artificial trials venues created in the South).

Is the problem like Uk soccer in the Olympics or something more political or the obvious that the Uk ACU etc feels one event is plenty.

Oh yes and Wales should have a world round as well!

I am hoping the US has a world round next year. I am pretty sure it does.

If travel time is the concern

micm Posted Today, 10:14 AM

Nevertheless it is a bit of a slog from the South of England.

Just how long of a trip is it for you?

US is HUGE in physical size and we only get 1 venue for the World Rounds. For me to have driven to the Tennessee venue for last years World Round I would have spent approx. 12 hrs in the car of non-stop driving. I am WAY closer to Tennessee than those that live in California, so imagine their travel time. (I assume flying would be in order)

So the US should get 3 stops in the World Trials Competition to make it more convenient for us to attend. :P

Maybe that would help spark interest in trials here.

I look forward to the next years Uk Trials World Round in Central Scotland. Nevertheless it is a bit of a slog from the South of England.

I'm in Central Scotland and the venue is a good two hours drive from me and that's in the Scoob :crying: Try "highlands". It's a fair distance, but as has already been mentioned on here you can get dirt cheap flights to an airport a couple of hours away and hire a car for next to nothing if you book early :P I've seen a litle bit of the terrain/sections they intend using and I think you'll see something totally different to any world round you might have seen in recent years ;)

Looking at the World Rounds Andorra stands out a bit. It's a hospitable place, has fair skiing, cheap booze and is the size of an iPod. But why has it got a round at all?

Because they get the support and funding to lay one on - plus they don't have to deal with the health and safety, risk assessments and all the other bollocks organisers in the UK have to due to our compensation culture which we have inherited from our American friends...

Maybe no else wanted one. But doesn't this give our Spanish friends 2 bites at the cherry? You even have to fly to Gerona to get there. (Gassers pick up those oh so necessary spares!)

Never flown into Gerona for the Andorra round. Always been Barcelona and is this time too. Yes it's a long drive, but anyone who does it year on year will notice it gets better each time we go up. More of it becomes dual carriageway each year. They're investing in the road infrastructure out there. Can we say the same here?

So why not have a Scottish World Round and an English World Round. You could in theory hold one in the South of England sometimes perhaps in a hitherto unknown of combination of Seymour's Arena and Hook Wood. (The 2 best artificial/semi artificial trials venues created in the South).

The sheer cost due to all the health and safety stuff aforementioned, plus the mindset here that motorcycles are dirty, polluting and tear up the environment. Very few are prepared to take the risk given the massive financial outlay required up front, all the red tape they have to fight through and with no guaranteed return on their investment.

Is the problem like Uk soccer in the Olympics or something more political or the obvious that the Uk ACU etc feels one event is plenty.

World rounds have nothing to do with the ACU. They're homologated by the FIM and many are homologated that shouldn't be... ;)

So why not have a Scottish World Round and an English World Round.

Then the UK riders would supposedly have 2 bites of the cherry!

Not gonna make fcuk all difference in the scheme of things is it though?

WTC - Bou or Raga will win wherever they ride

JWTC - Wiggy winning everything wherever he rides :P

YWTC - Jonathan Richardson winning everything wherever he rides :crying:

Why not fly to a non UK round probably cost you less and you will see how other countries embrace the events - shutting down village centres and making an event of it for the locals etc etc

Why not fly to a non UK round probably cost you less and you will see how other countries embrace the events - shutting down village centres and making an event of it for the locals etc etc

Yes i would agree with this.

If i had the choice of going to watch just one wtc round in the year it would not be a Uk round.

Why is the Uk round allway's one of the first round's,blimey were still in winter.The weather in the Uk don't really pick up until July time.If i have to stand and watch a Trial i want some hot sun beaming down on me for my money.