Natc Rounds 3 & 4 Preview

sectionone

The weather forecast for next weekend is 96 for Saturday and 99 for Sunday with a heat index well above 100. It's been dry so the humidity won't be as bad as it could be. Overnight lows will be in the mid 70s and even with a 9am start time, 1st loop should be in the 80s, 2nd loop 90s, and peaking by the 3rd. It's more humid in the morning so it will feel hot all day but all the sections will be well shaded. After 6 sections, the loop comes back towards the pits so riders could fill up their water bottles. A Camelback would be a good idea. If your coming from California and think that 105 heat in the desert is not a big deal, southern style heat is a different matter. The STRA doesn't schedule any local events from June through August. If we had normal temps of upper 80s, it wouldn't be so bad, but 10 degrees above normal can be dangerous. That being said, I've entered on Sunday and am looking forward to riding.

For those not riding, the Pro class shootout starts at 3:30, spectator friendly, closely grouped in the creek.

TTC_NATC.jpg

TTC_NATC_rules.jpg

Copie are you going to make it ? This trip going were going to make it to the jack danials distillery on the way down !

Too hot for me! I may get out of the yard about September! Your new Beta should be in by then! ;)

I just thought Id say, where did this shootout come from, Im not a pro and so I guess I have nothing to do with it, but I would want to ride trials, and win because I was the best all day not because of some indoor like promotion someone wanted to try out.

The shoot out looks like a great idea. Nothing like a crowd and pressure to top off a great day. I just hope they have energy. Im working through the night just to get everything perfect and i leave after work tomorrow with Firstgear. Should be a lot of fun! See you all there. Look for Biff and his WGASA gasgas.

--Biff

The shoot out looks like a great idea. Nothing like a crowd and pressure to top off a great day. I just hope they have energy.

rcracer said...> I think they are trying something differant to see how people like it. I don't think any money is involved

So, it sounds to me like the organizers and promoter are pimping out the quote/unquote "Pros" to entertain the paying masses and not rewarding them for their services. That's about par for the course.

Edited by City Trials

I just thought Id say, where did this shootout come from, Im not a pro and so I guess I have nothing to do with it, but I would want to ride trials, and win because I was the best all day not because of some indoor like promotion someone wanted to try out.

You see, one does have to be the best all day, then go and do the exhibition sections! Usually quite tough! Things can change quick!

We have done similar in our State Presidents Cup events for decades!

I think it is great really, as all the other riders and spectators will get to watch the premier sections all in one area along Sawmill, where it is usually a bit cooler! This never happens otherwise, riders never get to watch the pro's much.

Is this a great area for those(non riders) to come spectate, yes. Will it serve to promote the sport, yes! Is it tough on the riders, yes! Will the best man win, only if the heat does not get to him, like Dougie!

Will there be a money pot? I think things may all depend, but not out of the question. Times are still pretty tough, not enough to go round, and the club gets first dibs, as they should as all will be recycled. They do a great job out there, year after year!

Good on 'em! ;)

Edited by copemech

So, it sounds to me like the organizers and promoter are pimping out the quote/unquote "Pros" to entertain the paying masses and not rewarding them for their services. That's about par for the course.

Leave it to Gernhart to call all the good people at the TTC PIMPS !

Thank you, these "Pros" put in the MOST time, energy, heart, effort, and money to ride. They work the hardest and get the same everyone else who rides gets. (that would be 0.00 dollars) This sport is no different then any other, gives the PROs some money, especially if your going to parade them around in front of everyone at the end of the day, after they just put in 3 hours of physical and mental toughness.

Thank you, these "Pros" put in the MOST time, energy, heart, effort, and money to ride. They work the hardest and get the same everyone else who rides gets. (that would be 0.00 dollars) This sport is no different then any other, gives the PROs some money, especially if your going to parade them around in front of everyone at the end of the day, after they just put in 3 hours of physical and mental toughness.

Ahhhh, do not be totally misled here Cody, as within the groups, the sponsors do provide! ;)