Doncaster - Hot Bed Of Trials ?

beamish rl

Doncaster, what a great place .. Seriously ... ;)

Does anyone know of any decent practice areas within say 20 mile radius, where I can take myself and two sons, 9 and 12, Trials riding without getting hassled by either chavs on nicked Honda 90's, 'crossers or the police ? There are a couple fo really good motocross tracks near us, Armthorpe and Austerfield, but they don't like Trials bikes .. :lol:

We'd travel further for really good places ..

We have a couple of areas that are accessible and relatively free of hassle, but not really totally legal, slurry pits etc between the Pilkingtons Glassworks and Thorpe Marsh power station for instance, and not really safe or offering any great challenge, though they are flat enough in parts to teach the little one.

Doncaster, what a great place .. Seriously ... ;)

Does anyone know of any decent practice areas within say 20 mile radius, where I can take myself and two sons, 9 an

We'd travel further for really good places ..

We have a couple of areas that are accessible and relatively free of hassle, but not really totally legal, slurry pits etc between the Pilkingtons Glassworks and Thorpe Marsh power station for instance, and not really safe or offering any great challenge, though they are flat enough in parts to teach the little one.

scarborough have 140 acres to practice in but you have to be a member of the club look at their web site www.sdmc.co.uk ,every thing to suit everyone rocks ,rivers,gully's climb's and roots also large car park and good concrete acess road

all the lads over mxtrax.co.uk have many stories about that place we're not mentioning - basically do so at you own free will and be prepared for all the consequence which are quiete hortendus and would put me off

rabie ;)

without getting to involved; steetly used to be home ground for doncaster mcc, which i would say ceased in the late 80's. the landowner has since applied for rights to remove minerals,ie limestone. the local council refused planning permission. When the land owner was approached by police & council to prohibit motorcycling, he refused, saying the council would do nothing for him so why should he do anything for them.He is aware of the motorcycles, refuses to grant or refuse permission. Also there is a fantastic mountain bike course, which must have taken months to build &is often featured in a mountain bike mag (so im told) Is this considered illegal?.I know 4 policemen who actually trial (practice) there,one of whom takes his son on his TY80.

I certainly wouldnt encourage illegal riding, riding a trial is the way, but i'm not sure its illegal

I certainly wouldnt encourage illegal riding, riding a trial is the way, but i'm not sure its illegal

Neither am I, but the original poster said "it's not exactly legal". I'm not taking the chance. "Sorry Plod, but it said on this website it was okay to ride here...."

ok its ilegal because

1) you are tressapsing

2) you haven't informed the police / opted out under the road traffic act 1992 (?) section 13A

3) you need public liability insurance becasue your in a "public place"

thats just the first 3 i can think of

rabie ;)