Progress?

ham2

Although some concerns were raised regarding the 2009 rad cap - there have been no reported

problems World wide, so obviously the factory knew what they were doing. - the Steve Saunders

carbon cover does add protection. The new location for 2010 has been tested and proven by a Private

Italian Team.

The new location for 2010 has been tested and proven by a Private

Italian Team.

He, he! It all works till you knock the hellovit! :wacko:

I would have thought the Italians could have made this phallic thing rotate as well! :thumbup:

Now I'm sorry, but good engineering practice is NOT "it hasn't broken yet, therefore it won't"

I don't care what anyone says, that is a poor, poor design. For us clubbies that own bikes without stands (My rev3 doesn't have one and since I caught the tip of my old zero's stand on a low stump twice in the same trial, each time costing me a five way back in the 90s, don't miss it!), bikes get leant on posts, propped up by sticks, balanced on other bikes etc etc. It may be wrong, but that's the reality of a club trial. It's only got to fall over and land on a stick/ rock/ rider and that daft neck is toast and your trial over.

Why could it not have had a flush filler and we fill it with a modern aid, like a funnel?

Too vulnerable for me....

Graham

Oh Graham fit a side stand and you won't break your bike.... two fives 19 years ago is a looooong time ago.... get over it ;o)

Any way it looks vulnerable only because everything thing else has been made so small and moved more central. So once where there was a frame (such as a rev3montshercogasscorpa) there is now fresh air and it looks vulnerable. Caps are normally at the top and there is nowhere to put a flush cap.

Perhaps a remote header tank would fix it and maybe make our neanderthal-no-expansion cooling systems more robust.

Ralphy

Ralphy, those fives left deep scars!

;-)

I know, I could fit a stand, but the serious point is that low speed topples, whether or not the bike has a rider on it, are a fact of trialling and this just seems needlessly vulnerable. Even a flush fit cap and then a screw in spout to fill it at service time would make more sense...

Graham

Can they not just put the cap in inside, under the tank where normal bikes have them? :wacko:

then it can't get damaged!! Common sense basically :thumbup:

This is what they have done on the EVO X even though no one here knows of a single problem with the 09.