M92 Questions

hoodie2

Hi. I have a couple of question relating to my M92 project.

I'm putting together an exhaust system for an M92. It needs the smaller square flange for the square 325 barrell. Are the pipes that fit the two flange sizes different or do they both take the same pipe diameter? I can get my hands on a later exhaust that has the larger flange welded on. If I ground this off would the pipe fit inside a smaller flange?

Also I have a set of forks. the stanchions are tapered at the tope and have knurling 200mm from the top. I need a set of triple clamps with the lowered alloy bottom yoke. I was wondering if they are all the same or if there are different sizes on some models. I know any set with lowered bottom yoke will probably be fine, but I'd like the bottom yokes to match to the position of the knurling on the stanchions.

Cheers

Hoodie.

Swooshdave; that is simple. As you know in Bultaco they build their parts to fit in as much models as they could. That philosophy included of course the road, enduro, cross and trials bikes. It is very probable the knurling of those bars was done to fit Matador yokes or any other bike, but after fixed in a model 92. I have a model 91 with the same particularity.

I have an early M92 with the knurled bits showing on the forks also. As you can see in the pic the knurls on my bike are above the yokes as compared to swooshdave's where his are showing below. Top yokes maybe different,,,

M92sherpa.jpg

That one looks like it should have the non lowered steel bottom yoke. That would match up with the knurling. My fork tubes are tapered at the top and the knurling starts 200mm from the top. I just need to know which triple clamp I need for an M92 frame and these tubes. Will any lowered bottom yoke work with the right top yoke for the tapers, or are there a range of diferent bottom yokes?

I have an early M92 with the knurled bits showing on the forks also. As you can see in the pic the knurls on my bike are above the yokes as compared to swooshdave's where his are showing below. Top yokes maybe different,,,

Those definitely look like tubes for a bike without the dropped lower yokes. What make mine so peculiar is the great distance between the upper yoke and the knurling. I can't imagine any Bultaco that would support those dimensions (I say this with very little research...)

Gomey, do you bring any of those bikes to Chehalis to ride at The Farm?

I remember a story I heard that the knurling was there for the Road Race bikes - the story goes that the race bikes had shorter travel rear shocks set in a different position to the off road bikes and the front forks were just pushed up through the yolks to match - knowing Bulto's

Those definitely look like tubes for a bike without the dropped lower yokes. What make mine so peculiar is the great distance between the upper yoke and the knurling. I can't imagine any Bultaco that would support those dimensions (I say this with very little research...)

Gomey, do you bring any of those bikes to Chehalis to ride at The Farm?

I should do! I have heard of it but not sure exactly where it is? Can you PM me the address?