Will Ibsen Injured

city trials

You're absolutely correct Norm.

Section 9 C from the natc rule book.

It states "The Pro class is ranked by scoring ALL events in a 6-event or less series, and by throwing out 1-event

from the total number of events for a series with 7 or more."

I just did the math and they did throw out the lowest of all of the pros scores. One point! ouch....

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas

You are right norm.

This is what i came up with one throw away in italics.

pat 30 30 30 30 30 30 25 25 205

cody 25 25 25 25 21 25 30 30 185

will 21 18 21 21 25 21 21 dnf 148

keith 18 21 18 18 18 18 18 21 132

ron 16 16 16 16 16 16 16 18 114

--Biff

I didnt hear a word spoken as far as ANY class Champions ,unlike 08 in Duluth where they all got a huge podium/picture op , dont know why , seems like some mistake to not wrap up the season with an official presentation at all . I hope on the natc survey everyone gives a thumbs down to the staff for skipping the class champions one chance to thank sponsors and get a 'here,here" ; maybe they thought our roman candles would burn down the circus tent.

Edited by northernnorm

Bill Ibsen emailed me this update today:

The Atlanta orthopedics diagnosis on Tuesday completely contradicted the New York emergency room doctor's Sunday prognosis, although it was based upon Xrays and CATscans. The Atlanta doctors are saying that Will doesn't have a broken shoulder or a torn rotator cuff. Also, we went to the Atlanta plastic surgeon to get his facial lacerations worked on, and they got him fixed up fine.

While Will still has some shoulder pain, he's doing just fine. He'll be riding again this week, getting ready for the TDN before he heads back to Auburn next week for school.

Thanks for everyone's kind concern and calls- we really appreciate the strong show of warmth and support from the trials community!

Bill and Will and Family

P.S. Will and I have reviewed his accident from a safety standpoint, and realize that there was some communication he could have done with his minder so that the minder was in better position to actually catch the bike (although that probably still would not have prevented his fall, just the bike from landing on his back). Also, I think it would be a good idea for the trialsmasters to have a safety minder rope available in any super steep sections which prevent the minder from being able to stabilize themselves and to be able to grab a 150 lb. bike and sometimes a 180 lb. rider, too!

Edited by griffinjay

copemech Posted Yesterday, 11:19 PM

Good Deal, told you that kid was tough!

All the girls will love him with his face all scabbed up! At least he still has his teeth! biggrin.gif

I keep telling my wife "Chicks dig scars"