2000 Gasgas Txt 50 Boy Brand New Ignitions

daviddixon

hi all

my son has a 2000 gasgas txt 50 boy and the stator plate fell to pieces,i phoned gasgas and they told me they do not do that part anymore new and the old one had to be rewound,

i could not do this because it was in no state to be rewound,id only had the bike a month when this happened and my son was gutted,so i started searching the internet and after 6 long weeks i

come across a website for gokart parts using these ignitions based in the uk.

i phoned this company and had the ignition sent only took 3 days to arrive.fit it to the bike and it started first kick.the part cost

Edited by daviddixon

• 1 year later...

Good on you David! When I was shopping for a GG-50 I was told to steer clear of anything prior to 2003 because of the ignition problem. Looks like you've found a solution. Nice!

Generally speaking, GG doesn't have any info on this little bike anywhere. Looks like community-based info is the only way we'll be able to maintain these bikes properly. I wish I had enough web space to put together a GG-50 knowledge base.

BTW, does anyone know of a flywheel cover protection plate that I could buy? Turns out this bugger is plastic on my son's 2006 model, and after one left-sided crash the spinning flywheel gouged that flimsy plastic all the way through.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have a stator problem my daughter's 2000 txt 50 and need to replace the stator. Has anyone else tried the replacement that David mentions above? Anything else I should be aware with taking this approach? I don't pretend to know a lot about timing, etc. - so if this plug and play that would be great.

Looks like the UK karting site still sells this component, just need to confirm if they will ship to the USA, if this solution makes sense.

Thanks,

Chris

If your lad is starting out fit a flywheel weight they transform the motor to ty proportions, magic.

I know this an old post thats suddenly bumped to the top again.

But is it really possible to get a flywheel weight for this ignition setup with an internal rotor??

This would be a great addition to my sons bike if it were possible.

• 5 months later...

• 6 years later...
On 9/22/2009 at 7:53 PM, daviddixon said:

hi all

my son has a 2000 gasgas txt 50 boy and the stator plate fell to pieces,i phoned gasgas and they told me they do not do that part anymore new and the old one had to be rewound,

i could not do this because it was in no state to be rewound,id only had the bike a month when this happened and my son was gutted,so i started searching the internet and after 6 long weeks i

come across a website for gokart parts using these ignitions based in the uk.

i phoned this company and had the ignition sent only took 3 days to arrive.fit it to the bike and it started first kick.the part cost

Hi David. I realise this is 10 years ago, but can you remember were to source these parts. I am currently trying to bring a 2001 Txt boy back to life. I live in Lincolnshire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou 

Stuart 

19 hours ago, king arthur said:

Hi David. I realise this is 10 years ago, but can you remember were to source these parts. I am currently trying to bring a 2001 Txt boy back to life. I live in Lincolnshire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou 

Stuart 

David Dixon hasn't been on here since 2009.