Evo Virgin

the addict

I had a spin on Dabsters 290 today, quite nice to ride, very laid back.

Did you put it up into about #3 gear and keep adding throttle? The one I rode was docile in the low revs, yey would yank the arms off if one kept it on, much like the 4t Sherco in my mind, Just kept pulling! Like oh crap! Very linear! All my impression, but I have slept since!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,ve got to say I was really really impressed with 200 Evo,sure the 250 would have been just the same. Somethings are just meant to be sometimes, and I have decided to hang onto the Fat Lass for the time being and that has nothing to do with how the Evo performed.

Yes I struggle to get the 4rt to grip in the slippy stuff and yes its heavy compared to the rest but I just absolutely love riding it. Its never not started first kick, its stable and goes where you want it to (not the other way round) its sounds ace, nothing breaks, it makes **** of moor crossings and road work at nationals and I can hop it about better than any other bike I,ve ever owned even with the extra weight. The bike is now three years old and still rides perfectly, I'd really miss it if I swapped and just cant see me riding anything any better at my level.

To anyone thinking of buying a 250 or 290 Evo, give the 200 a go first, you will be very surprised at what it can do and go up, its very easy to ride,grips everywhere and wont get you into any trouble. Hopefully BVM will have one at their test day, don't dismiss it as having no power or just for 7 stone'ers, give it a try and give it some revs

Big thanks again to Dave for letting me have a go on it and Dabster for his offer of the 290 ^_^

Edited by The Addict

Hope this is the right spot to ask some questions about the EVO. I'm middle aged ; I've only been riding trials for a year and a half, own a 92 aprilia climber 280. Its a great motor, straight up any hill that I dare but I have a harder time on off camber stuff, bumps that deflect the front more than I think it should. I had a ride on a Evo 200 yesterday. The bars felt way forward but I assume I'll get used to it ( its probably a good thing). When i blip the throttle , the bike makes a funny noise , kind of sounds like the air intake but it only lasts a second then goes away . Any Ideas ?

Also can the motor be pepped up or just bore it out if it ever needs a rebuild ? ( not likely that It'll need it) I just found the motor a little under whelming compared to the Aprilia. I know the smaller motor would help my scores but I might miss the fun factor of the immediate torque of a bigger motor.

Get a 250 then mate, you can always calm a 250 down easier than trying to up a 200 as Dad told me and very true. The 200 would go up just about anything I found, but you need to rev it hard and yes the instant torque is not what you

Edited by The Addict