Not Looking Too Good ?

andy m

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the description,it say's fitted gasgas wheel's,so whats up with the xispa wheel's then.

Also in one of the picture's there's 2 spare kickstart's laying on the ground,very odd.

Re Kick start - apparently some early issues were experienced with the kickstart lever hitting the frame - subsequently sorted and not a problem on mine.

I said some of this when the bike was first launched but perhaps its worth repeating

Why are people anti xispa and so keen to pick faults ?

the quality of all of the bikes needs to inprove and I had hoped that if the xispa was cheap the other manufacturers would have had to look at the quality of their products to justify the extra money.

here are some examples of quality issues with the other manufacturers

My 290 sherco bust the kickstart when the bike backfired

the rear shock failed after 4 trials

the standard footpegs were useless when wet, your feet slipped of them.

I was told to glue the fan unit to the radiator so that the unit didnt wear through the radiatior.

and the Sherco is by no means the worst bike on the market,

for example the guy who posted about a broken frame and swinging arm on his Evo is not the first I have heard of.

Gas Gas have certainly had their problems with the Pro and at nearly

So where's the anti bit in this thread,people are asking question's about the bike,these are the sort of question's you ask when your going to buy a bike,why's this or that changed,why have you got 10 spares of a certain thing, are you riding this bike like a rough ass,blah blah blah.

Personaly i would'nt of put the other 2 kickstarters in the shot,people start asking question's.

Xispa are up and running now,people have there own mind,if Xispa are going to sell any it will be now.

Edited by bilc0

well said baldilocks.

bilc0. this thread may not be anti xispa but beta, gas gas, Mont's, sherco & scorpas get sold all the time with plenty of spare parts and they don't turn up on here. I'm not accusing anyone of being anti xispa but there are a few who seem to be quick to knock them and i cant understand why.

The bikes need to shake out, yet once again I have to admit to the basic design functionality and majority of components!

Hell, at that price, I would get one for a near endless supply of spares for the Sherco!

Hell we may all be riding econo bikes rather than a "special" before long! Get what you can! priceless!

:rolleyes:

Edited by copemech

Anyway the xispa isnt cheap because its an inferior product, its cheap because nobody or very few people want to buy it, ie demand is very low. In addition because its not an establisheed product the price is reduced greatly by a fall in demand.

Well said Mr. Q', trials is a niche sport so the target market is very small. If 5 existing brands each have 20% of the entire market and the new kid wants 10% then he has to win approx. 2% from the other brands. How?

• Sell it cheap to appeal to the cost concious buyers
  • Hope (never a great business tactic) to attract buyers that are willing to try something new
  • Try to convert buyers from other brands (much harder to do with a brand new and untested product)

Price is Xispa's main market share tactic. If the bike/brand establishes itself as an equal to all the others then the price will rise - it's always easier to reduce prices than increase though...

There is a whole industry of improvements you can apply to a Montesa.

Ohh!!!!!! Do Montesa sell a 2 stroke engine to drop in then :rolleyes: ????? Or do they do 'factory' earplugs?

What a sadly depleted market the Xispa ventures into. Albeit, it appears perhaps, for a short time only???

Ossa next?

Greaves didn't did it?

Scorpa with the TYZ engine didn't catch on and really that was a bike for the masses. What a great bike to ride! Smooth and compliant... it was what the TYZ should have been. 99.99% of riders want a bike thats world round pedigree, but in reality they need something like the Scorpa. Was it too dear though?

Is/was the Xispa like this (like the Scorpa not in price but to ride)?

Edited by Rosey