Not Looking Too Good ?

andy m

If I recall the specs I seen, the total trials market was maybe 20,000 bikes a year in good times! And with 5 Mfg units!

I would estimat that number cut nearly in half today!

Cut out Scorpa and Montesa, add Xispa!

You got Beta with a new bike just in time, Gassers with one and Sherco (being steady) about to release! All these companies are diversified in their product now! Trials , enduro , motard, quads and such! Trials alone cannot support at these levels!

Seems Xispa is running on their own certain economy of scale, which is somewhat bare, but at least they are able to operate!

In a way, I think this somewhat commendable, as most of the parts are outsoursed from the same basic suppliers any as the others. And if they build a bike that is "friendly" to riders, they may indeed excell, as it is well proven that not everyone wants a Gasser Pro! The Scorps and Rev's have found their part along with the doggy 2T Monts, all good bikes!

If one gets off all the high performance ****, it is the rider who wins! Usually on their well sorted and stable bit of lump! B)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall the specs I seen, the total trials market was maybe 20,000 bikes a year in good times! And with 5 Mfg units!

I would estimat that number cut nearly in half today!

Cut out Scorpa and Montesa, add Xispa!

You got Beta with a new bike just in time, Gassers with one and Sherco (being steady) about to release! All these companies are diversified in their product now! Trials , enduro , motard, quads and such! Trials alone cannot support at these levels!

Seems Xispa is running on their own certain economy of scale, which is somewhat bare, but at least they are able to operate!

In a way, I think this somewhat commendable, as most of the parts are outsoursed from the same basic suppliers any as the others. And if they build a bike that is "friendly" to riders, they may indeed excell, as it is well proven that not everyone wants a Gasser Pro! The Scorps and Rev's have found their part along with the doggy 2T Monts, all good bikes!

If one gets off all the high performance ****, it is the rider who wins! Usually on their well sorted and stable bit of lump! B)

Well said!!

If a company like Xispa can make a trials bike from the basic same parts as all the other brands of trials bike , and sell it for a cheaper price to the masses- surely

thay have got their heads screwed on the right way.

Every body moans about how costly new Evo's, 4RT ,Sherco's etc are BUT they still buy them!! and then add more bits!!!!!!!!

Who's the fool here then!!!????

I now a guy who's bought a rather exspensive 4RT and has bought programmable ignition , wheels and all sorts of stuff just so he can ride it!!

If all trials bikes were the same price as the Xispa nobody would say anything and buy one just the same, but they moan because its cheaper!!

In this day and age isn't that a consideration to most people?

hi all

keeping your factory overhead lower than your competition is key. Among other things the small efficient XiSPA factory has no world round team. I wonder how many $ are added to each bike to support such an effort by the other brands. Don't get me wrong, I like to see the brands compete against each other but the private team approach makes the most sense to me.

cheers

bob

XiSPA factory has no world round team.

Will Xispa be contributing a world round team at any stage??Scorpa pulled out of world rounds and lasted just a few year's until they were wriiten into the history book's.

Let's face it all Xispa need to do is turn up with the bike's in a couple of small van's and there rider's they can use people from the factory as minder's ,you don't need all the big hardware the other's have got to have a world trial team.

How would private teams work,would Xispa help budget this or would the privateer be soley on he's own.

Will Xispa be contributing a world round team at any stage??Scorpa pulled out of world rounds and lasted just a few year's until they were wriiten into the history book's.

Let's face it all Xispa need to do is turn up with the bike's in a couple of small van's and there rider's they can use people from the factory as minder's ,you don't need all the big hardware the other's have got to have a world trial team.

How would private teams work,would Xispa help budget this or would the privateer be soley on he's own.

Well , seems as though there are fair enough private teams in the loop already, another will not hurt! Van and kit will do!

I doubt many travel in lux as it it is!! When you get to the WR thing, what are the Japs going to put up anyway?

Just read a report from a Canadian TDN member, who said that he( a Scorpa rider, now a bankrupt company) and the ony Xispa sponsored rider in Canada, both found themselves with no bikes being supplied by the manufacturer for the event.... They had to scramble and ended up renting Beta Evos. Wondering how hard its going to be to have a small team at world rounds, when they cannot supply a bike for a rider from a country who has an importer....

Well , seems as though there are fair enough private teams in the loop already, another will not hurt! Van and kit will do!

This is true,but why would a private team want to spend there own cash to promote Xispa'a product when Xispa arn't seen as even promoting themselve's in a world round.

Edited by bilc0

Just read a report from a Canadian TDN member, who said that he( a Scorpa rider, now a bankrupt company) and the ony Xispa sponsored rider in Canada, both found themselves with no bikes being supplied by the manufacturer for the event.... They had to scramble and ended up renting Beta Evos. Wondering how hard its going to be to have a small team at world rounds, when they cannot supply a bike for a rider from a country who has an importer....

Steve Fracy, you don't know the facts, I'm the only one who knows what took place, a XiSPA was never promised, only that an effort would be made to get him one, we made a big effort to get a bike but XiSPA was not at the TDN and I am not in a position to purchase a bike for one day TDN ride in Europe like the Americans. The rider made the trip to the TDN knowing a XiSPA was not available. He took his chances on finding a bike to ride. Again, XiSPA never promised a bike for the TDN for me or my rider.

Can it not be enough that I'm trying to sponsor riders "expert and youth" in Canada. Or will you find something wrong with that too.

Edited by borus

I doubt many travel in lux as it it is!! When you get to the WR thing, what are the Japs going to put up anyway?

I think it makes a lot more sense for private teams with sponsors. the bike manufacturers can then support them as they see fit and within budget. look what's happened to f1, keep the prices a low as possible. how much of each bike price goes to support a manufacturer wr team?

cheers

bob

Bob Billyard:

My apologies to Xispa then ! I was only relaying what I read in a first hand account of the trip from one of the riders. But, I was just making a point that it was difficult for them to supply a bike. I just would have thought that if you are one of the few new importers for their new bike, they should have tried to make it happen for you. If you notice, I never mentioned you in a bad light, or YOUR company, so just take a pill. I think you are a little too sensitive about it. Good luck with your endeavour.

Steve

XiSPA.es has been an excellent company to work with, let's just leave it at that...

Now seems to be a good time to clarify to the many that read this (registered users, guests and those that find this via search engines) who are unaware - Borus is the Xispa Importer for Canada and therefore has a vested financial interest in the Xispa marque. His comments and replies should not be considered as unbiased reviews of either the bikes or Xispa, the company.

TC has nothing against Xispa and would treat any importer the same if we felt what they were saying was in any way biased. We're actively looking for and would be keen to hear from any genuine Xispa riders who are not connected to any importer or dealer who can provide totally UNBIASED feedback on how the bike performs.

Please expound on your findings? I thought there were about two in the UK? This is a free speak forum, is it not! And if not! Whots the use!

Since when is this a "free speak forum". When people are banned for speaking the truth which happens to hurt someones feeling, its more like a girls school. But I Love it!