Not Looking Too Good ?

andy m

Since when is this a "free speak forum". When people are banned for speaking the truth which happens to hurt someones feeling, its more like a girls school. But I Love it!

Only time posts are deleted or in the end people banned are when they break the rules you sign up to when you first register. If people get into a war of words with der obergrupenfuhrer for fly advertising, rule breaking, abusive posts thats their problem.

The biggest part of the Xispa problem is there have been so few around no-one has had the chance to give it a try, three sold in the UK?? not great is it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting rediculous,bad thing's are being talked about the other bikes all the time on the forums,we've recently seen a picture of a GasGas torn in half there's no worse advetisement than that however people are still going out to buy the thing's.

The Xispa has been around pretty much for 2 years now,how long can we wait until we speak about them.

If Honda can't make it in the market with old models then what chance does Xispa have.

Please expound on your findings? I thought there were about two in the UK? This is a free speak forum, is it not! And if not! Whots the use!

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at Copemech in your post, I don't recall posting anything about a free speak forum.

The Canadian importer seems to have taken things a bit to heart, but when I tried to get on their website, it seems to have disappeared or maybe it was offline, but I can't get Xispa Canada.

I presume you meant to write please "expand" not "expound"?

I know that Border Bikes in Berwick (just outside Scotland by a few miles) are advertising them and a lad I know in Northumberland has one at the moment, but as far as Scotland is concerned, I haven't actually seen one in action up here...yet!

It's taking an enormously long time getting this product out in the market and in this current economic situation, well... that's all I'm saying for now.

Big John

Had a 10 minute ride on a 250 and was quite impressed. These are a couple of observations. It felt very nice but being pretty much brand new all bikes feel good. Most noticable was the on / off clutch engagement, wasnt bad but very snatchy with nowhere near the feel compared to my 250 Gasser. The power was tame compared to my 250 as I was expecting it to be a bit more aggressive with the 28ml OKO flatslide, I must add I only rode it at low revs popping around. It was just as responsive in the suspension department to a Sherco 125 I had ridden just the day before and quite easily hopped the bike around. They are thin on the ground over here in Australia as well, the few that have landed have been snapped up quickly. Definitely needs tarting up a bit in the cosmetics, look forward to another ride when it has been sorted.

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at Copemech in your post, I don't recall posting anything about a free speak forum.

The Canadian importer seems to have taken things a bit to heart, but when I tried to get on their website, it seems to have disappeared or maybe it was offline, but I can't get Xispa Canada.

I presume you meant to write please "expand" not "expound"?

I know that Border Bikes in Berwick (just outside Scotland by a few miles) are advertising them and a lad I know in Northumberland has one at the moment, but as far as Scotland is concerned, I haven't actually seen one in action up here...yet!

It's taking an enormously long time getting this product out in the market and in this current economic situation, well... that's all I'm saying for now.

Big John

expound

I was under the impression that Border Bikes and Havensport were both doing them in the UK, not sure the exact geographical relationship there.

As far as firsthand un-biased opinions go, I wish someone would send me a bike for testing!

Unfortunately Andy Minns and Border Bikes fell foul of the rules by doing what Borus did initially. Despite all sorts of attempts by Andy and me to get him to sign up and to organise sensible reports on the bikes he chose not to. Nothing we can do about that.

Like you I'd love a go on one to see what all the fuss is about and to put an unbiased report on here because I think it needs a good old fashioned honest story to put it's arguements across.

Well, at least Borus is still with us! I well know there is a difference between free speak and blatant advertising and self promotion of a product!

Sales is sales BUT facts is facts, even from the most objective standpoint. There is always some grey area, but at least it seems someone is staying in touch that can answer direct questions and such. Not a bad thing.

In my early days in MX, back in the 70's, I got a fair amount of experience competing on Euro bikes. Seems all had their pitfalls, they would run!

CZ, Maico, Husky, Penton and Montesa, never competed on a Bul. but did ride a couple of Pursangs.

Point being, when I did come back into riding(trials), I pertty much figured out from go that I was once again thrust into the Euro thing with odd names like GasGas, Sherco, Beta and Scorpa, yet Montesa! Now with Xispa!

One thing for sure still, they all have their quirks! And in a way there seems to me to be a certain comfort in the old discomfort! Seems everything is normal on the trials front!!

And if the Brits could build a bike, I might have had a chance on my mates AJS stormer(it think it was), yet it would not stay running long enough to give a go!

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Will Xispa enter a bike into any of next years World Round's,There's plenty of European dates for them to ride,so they won't need a huge budget.

I think thats a safe question to ask without being branded as Anti Xispa.

They won't get away with just dumping bikes on the market and hope they sell,they need to earn credit,don't we all.