2010 Nationals

wesyde

Just saw this posted on NATC's website, thought I'd pass it along!

2010 Schedule:

May 1, 2: Tishomingo, OK

June 26, 27: Exeter, RI

July 3, 4: TTC

July 24, 25: Cotapaxi, CO

July 31, Aug. 1: Donner, CA

Youth East June 30, July 1,2, At TTC

Youth West Aug 4,5,6 At Las Vegas, NM

Looks like one fun-filled summer!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope it changes. A kid riding the nationals and the youth natioals will ride Sat & Sun in RI then run down to TTC and start the Youth National on Wed, Thurs, Fri. then do the regular national Sat & Sun.? That's seven days of competion in 9 days, plus travel from RI. to TN. That's crazy!!

I guess that also means no youth camp ^_^

Wesyde, are you who I just shipped the 1.25 to?

Edited by sirhc

sure hope it changes. A kid riding the nationals and the youth natioals will ride Sat & Sun in RI then run down to TTC and start the Youth National on Wed, Thurs, Fri. then do the regular national Sat & Sun.? That's seven days of competion in 9 days, plus travel from RI. to TN. That's crazy!!

Its hard to please everybody For me its one of the best schedules yet. As far as riding 7 of 9 days for me thats one of the best parts kids dont wear out like the old folks. Nationals are for good riders It would work better for me if they could squeeze west coast YN in between Donner and Colorado the same way.

Edited by hensley

As far as riding 7 of 9 days for me thats one of the best parts kids dont wear out like the old folks.

You would think that would be the case, but in '07 the Western Youth National was just before the Donner National. The result was a bunch of kids didn't ride the YN to save themselves for the regular national.

Here's a updated schedule, still tenative and subject to change. Looks a lot better to me.

5/1-5/2 Tishomingo, Oklahoma

6/19-6/20 Exeter, Rhode Island

6/26-6/27 Cyuta, New York

6/28-6/30 Family Camp TTC, Tennessee

7/1-7/3 East Youth Nationals TTC, Tennessee

7/5-7/9 American Riding Camp TTC, Tennessee

7/24-7/25 Cotopaxi, Colorado

7/31-8/1 Donner, California

8/4-8/6 West Youth Nationals Sipapu, New Mexico

As for me I've been waiting for a schedule like this, previous years have conflicted with spring/fall school sports. This will be my first experience riding nationals, whatever happens with the schedule changes I guess I'll take what I can get. Hey Chris, yeah I'm the one that's getting the 125, the wife can't hardly wait!

That first schedule sure was a teaser what a let down it was a schedule that we would have rode 6 or 8 of the10 rounds now only 2 rounds and more local regionals. it actualy was where a good rider with limited reasources could still compete. As a Midwesterner we could have competed in the series putting R.I and ttc together or riding ttc and colorado each along with oklahoma of course. I guess if most riders dont have the time and money to travel that extensive it sure eliminates the competion for those who do. There are very few kids who would whine about ridng 7 of 9 days.

Edited by hensley

what a decision there is no way that i can be gone for home for 3to 4 weeks take Homer to RI stay for NY then spend another week iat ttc for the gitrls then leave homer for the camp. With the first schedule we could have went to rhod island stopped by tenneseee and went to colorado later.

No one takes into consideration what anyone can afford were to concerned about whether are kids might have to ride a few days in a row and get tired. Then we wonder why the sport dosent grow Right now im in the mind to just skip them all

Sounds like an excellent idea if you had to ride 2 of the 3 you would have 1 local and 1 event halfway across US to ride. What about the 3 day format from a couple years ago?

This years attendence may force some changes. Last year some very good riders stayed home. Im not sure what the goal is but if its create an atmosphere where only a few that can afford to trace back and forth across the U.S. and spend most of the Summer can win a trophy and not grow the sport any so there will be more trophies in the years to come. Then this schedule is perfect for them.

On a more positive note there are some very good local and regional 2 days and attendence should be up because of those who forgo the nationals.

Every year we go thru this same thing.No matter what location or calender they follow you can never please everybody.The reginal thing has been discussed before.And unless you want to remortgage your house it can cost a small fortune to ride all the nationals.Plus have a job you can leave for a month or two.So we all do what we can and move on.JR

Everyone cant be happen with the scedual, but atleast think of it in terms that if your complaining about this scedual because theres two on the East coast, Ive rode trials from NY all my life, and I didnt attend a bunch of nationals from age 16 till I was 21 because the events were mostly on the West coast, and couldnt afford it or the money to spend a month of travel time and riding. Ive got to throw in that to get 2 east coast events is a gift it doesnt happen to often

So-- whos in for trying something on the west coast this next year-- i have spoken several folks in the oregon seattle area and to some folks in the Socal area--so whats stopping us?? lets make this happen-- all we need is say 3 venues to run a 2 day event-- that gives us 6 rounds-- that should be a good base to start-- and maybe we can build on that as it becomes more popular??--somewhere in the keysvilleare that socal use and a sactopits event and one other in oregon? thatkeeps travelling to a minimum-- could even run a twin shock class too??----ideas?? interested??