Front Brake And Clutch Lever Position.

hrcmonty

Do you ever go downhill?.....how can you get your body position right and still reach the levers? Personally never tighten em up too hard... avoids breaking em when I fall off! Seriously when you come down off a mountain for example, several kilometers steep downhill with your levers a comfy 20 down you risk damaging your arms, nature intended for your body weight to be on your legs not your arms if you get my drift.

Do you ever go downhill?.....how can you get your body position right and still reach the levers? Personally never tighten em up too hard... avoids breaking em when I fall off! Seriously when you come down off a mountain for example, several kilometers steep downhill with your levers a comfy 20 down you risk damaging your arms, nature intended for your body weight to be on your legs not your arms if you get my drift.

I set my levers so I can reach them while back on the bike as much as possible so I can reach them when I REALLY need them, like on a steep, loose downhill. A tip on the loose lever perches, if you wrap a few layers of "plumber's tape", which is a Teflon tape used by plumbers to seal pipe threads and easily obtained in hardware stores, around the bar under the perch, you can snug them down quite well and they will still be able to rotate in a "mishap".

Jon

I set my levers so I can reach them while back on the bike as much as possible so I can reach them when I REALLY need them, like on a steep, loose downhill. A tip on the loose lever perches, if you wrap a few layers of "plumber's tape", which is a Teflon tape used by plumbers to seal pipe threads and easily obtained in hardware stores, around the bar under the perch, you can snug them down quite well and they will still be able to rotate in a "mishap".

Jon

I guess your talking about PTFE tape great idea though

different riders or riding styles require different positions, some prefer straight out, some straigt down, mine are a little past 90 degrees, they should be confortable to reach and operate when standing on the footpegs, in a normal riding position, with your wrist in a neutral position.