Best 2 Sstroke For The Scottish Pre65 2 Day

howard

May I suggest a 1964 Bultaco Sherpa that pre-dates the Model 10 Sammy Miller Sherpa.

Forks should be as fiddled as possible with lots of welding showing that 2008 Paiolis have been inserted. Also a reed valve should be used and a six speed Sachs gearbox grafted inside the Bultaco casings. next a carefully disguised Yamaha TY250R mono-shock back end with fake rear dampers showing to the outside with no internals whatsoever!

The frame should be made of Titanium tubing that's what they rode in 1964 didn't they?

Carburation by a Dellorto PHBL22, fitted inside a MK1 Amal Concentric.

Yokes - standard 2010 billet alloy.

Home made alloy tank that looks like a coffin to top the whole plot off.

You may of course confuse the organisers by putting on a set of OK Supreme tank decals for good measure and that little piece of originality.

And then complain like buggery when your entry is refused on originality grounds and list all the major Pre-65 trials you have won over the last 10 years asking why you have been turned down for Scotland yet again!!!!

Oh, by the way, I'm having "a larf"!

Big John :thumbup:

(Fun loving motorcyclist, who can still see the funny side of life, because it's too short)

May I suggest a 1964 Bultaco Sherpa that pre-dates the Model 10 Sammy Miller Sherpa.

Forks should be as fiddled as possible with lots of welding showing that 2008 Paiolis have been inserted. Also a reed valve should be used and a six speed Sachs gearbox grafted inside the Bultaco casings. next a carefully disguised Yamaha TY250R mono-shock back end with fake rear dampers showing to the outside with no internals whatsoever!

The frame should be made of Titanium tubing that's what they rode in 1964 didn't they?

Carburation by a Dellorto PHBL22, fitted inside a MK1 Amal Concentric.

Yokes - standard 2010 billet alloy.

Home made alloy tank that looks like a coffin to top the whole plot off.

You may of course confuse the organisers by putting on a set of OK Supreme tank decals for good measure and that little piece of originality.

And then complain like buggery when your entry is refused on originality grounds and list all the major Pre-65 trials you have won over the last 10 years asking why you have been turned down for Scotland yet again!!!!

Oh, by the way, I'm having "a larf"!

Big John :wall:

(Fun loving motorcyclist, who can still see the funny side of life, because it's too short)

Hmmmmm now youve got me thinking and planning for 2011 :thumbup:

I've got most of those bits lurking in the shed.

Not too sure about the tank though. Theyre a bit picy on tanks so i hear.

Funny what you can get away with though.

Now if it was an Arial :wall: nobody would bat an eyelid at the above.

Whatever you do dont ride a Bantam ooooooooo no :thumbup:

Hmmmmmm Why not ride a Bantam?

I kinda have this quaint idea that as my first trials bike was a Bantam so it should also be my last.

And as i'm not fit enough to do another SSDT, the pre 65 would give me the opportunity to ride in Scotland and relive my youth (and middle age).

So why you no likey Bantams?

I kinda have this quaint idea that as my first trials bike was a Bantam so it should also be my last.

And as i'm not fit enough to do another SSDT, the pre 65 would give me the opportunity to ride in Scotland and relive my youth (and middle age).

Something to do with a 4 speed ridged I think.

Actually i do like Bantams.

In fact had a go on John Tyes new weapon last Sunday. Very very nice but will need an anchour to stop it floating away when he parks it to look at a section :thumbup: ooooooo it's sooooooo light :thumbup: