Birketts 4rt Test

nigel dabster

Yep - 4-stroke enduro bikes can also push the front end in certain conditions compared to a 2-stroke - ie; anything slippy. Down to the engine and the extra weight.

Anyway, this test that you are going to run boys. Do you want me to bring my TYZ along so that you can judge the power characteristics of your bikes against the benchmark of what a REAL trials engine should perform like....... seamless torquey endless power. mmmmmmmm nice..... :D:ph34r::o:o

Oroit, Oi'll get me coat,

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that it's probably a way off yet but the kind of objective comparitive test that we're talking about usually take a while to organise anyway, so how about next year's TC trial (maybe on the Saturday)? It'd give the rest of us mere mortals something interesting to watch instead of breaking our own bikes before the main event even starts.

You MUST buy TBM magazine early next month for the full, no holds barred Cota 4RT test - very objective, very fair, so I'm told - and look out for more trials stuff from that magazine's direction. Defending TMX, they are under pressure from all advertisers, it's always been like that, and probably always will be. fact of life in a small world. However, TBM have defended their corner from the world go; it's obviously cost them at times, but they've stuck it out. Just read this month's issue and read the slagging off Jonty Edmunds gave the Wayne Braybrook and Paul Edmondson Honda, British Enduro Championship winning bikes. Don't say he was right, but at least he said it and they printed it.