Off Bike Timing Exercises?

mcman56

I have seen ideas for off the bike balance exercises. However, has anyone tried a non bike related exercise to improve timing? timing...as in a double blip with unload over an obstacle. It is one thing to know what needs to be done and another to time/ coordinate those activities together.

I have seen ideas for off the bike balance exercises. However, has anyone tried a non bike related exercise to improve timing? timing...as in a double blip with unload over an obstacle. It is one thing to know what needs to be done and another to time/ coordinate those activities together.

I use a lot of pro-preception and reaction training while holding a set of mtb bars which helps plus I use biketrials to make a trials move easier first. The greater the neuro-muscular system is trained the quicker your brain will compute which allows you to perform movements without thinking. Comes down to following a model in which you have unconscious incompetence, and ends with you having unconscious competence, having passed through conscious incompetence and conscious competence. Its amazing to take a client who doesn't even know they can't perform a function and turn it round to a point were they no longer even have to think about it. A bit like when Bou and Raga ride and you can tell it just happens naturally.

I use a lot of pro-preception and reaction training while holding onto the bar which helps.... plus I use a bike to make a trials move easier first. The greater the neuro-muscular system is trained the quicker your brain will compute which allows you to perform movements when drinking. Comes down to following a model (stalker!)........ Having passed through conscious incompetence and into unconscious competence, I cycle home. Its amazing to take a client who doesn't even know they can't perform a function and turn it round to a pint were they no longer even have to think about it.

Nothing like when Bou and Raga ride and you can tell it just happens naturally.

I use a lot of pro-preception and reaction training while holding onto the bar which helps.... plus I use a bike to make a trials move easier first. The greater the neuro-muscular system is trained the quicker your brain will compute which allows you to perform movements when drinking. Comes down to following a model (stalker!)........ Having passed through conscious incompetence and into unconscious competence, I cycle home. Its amazing to take a client who doesn't even know they can't perform a function and turn it round to a pint were they no longer even have to think about it.

Nothing like when Bou and Raga ride and you can tell it just happens naturally.

:chairfall:

If you're going to use big words and pretend to be intelligent you may like to check their spelling.

Wow, thanks for the tip I'll add it to my list of big words that I need to try better at. :chairfall: Think I'll stick with my learning disability rather than swop it for your manners, I'll never be intelligent so fingers crossed your not the one marking my dissertation as well.

If you're going to use big words and pretend to be intelligent you may like to check their spelling... ' proprioception' has more of a meaning... is the ability of our joints to detect position in space ie no eyes but by feel.

you're points are right though, our conscious mind can only direct or think about 20 tasks or movements at a time, through repitition and familiarity ie training we put these basics into the automatic system and work on another 20, untill you've automated thousands of axonal and neurons firing so you can literally ride with your eyes closed like bou.

Classic stuff from the self-styled saviour of written English.

If you're going to use small words and pretend to be intelligent you may like to check their spelling...

cheers for all the advice,

my info still there in quote but removed my direct input to help mcman 56 with some meaning and explanation behind previous statements. Albeit with minor detail that does not change the meaning or intention incorrect ie spelling.

If that can't be seen over my non-intentional offence caused apologies, I just get annoyed sometimes by the lack of researched or explained input on some of these chat things. May be a reason none of the top lads are really involved?

Enjoy your on bike training as nothing replicates it like the real thing, I'll continue to keep my ideas away from these places due to possible mis-interpretation from an intended correction or explanation.

adrian