S3 Stars Head

billycraig

Just put one on my son's 09 Raga 125. He just rode it around the yard says it feels better. We are going to try to practice this weekend so I'll give some feedback.

It comes with a blank, std, high and high high compresion head, I installed the high compression in his bike. we live at about 1100 ft above sea level and run VP C-12 / prem unleaded 50/50 mix with Yamaha 2R mixed at 88/1.

Steve :chairfall:

Wow that is amazing. Never seen one like that before where you can actually vary the compression.

If they made it for the popular motocross bikes they would be onto a winner. Ideal for enduros or H&H.

The chamber inserts have been around for some time now and have just filtered down to Trials. Very handy

for a rider who wants more compression now and then, such as us flatlanders who want to ride the Ute Cup in Colorado, up

at 12,000 ft+ altitude. I first saw them years ago for the 350 Yamaha Banshee Quads, a really neat invention.

I've seen some research into a variable 2S compression head that uses Nitrogen pressure to vary the height of the chamber

while the engine is running. It's adjustable according to how high the pressure is behind the chamber (it used a Schrader valve

in the head). That way you would have high compression for low-end snap and the ratio would reduce for high-RPM, according

to the Nitrogen pressure installed. High compression is a problem at high RPMs for two-strokes for a number of reasons.

Jon

Instead of buying the actual cylinder head you could just use an insert for it, they do very high ones for the 125's which i would of thought would make a big difference. & they will also fit in the standard cylinder heads.

http://www.trialendurodirect.com/products/...erts___770.html

Edited by GasGasben

Instead of buying the actual cylinder head you could just use an insert for it, they do very high ones for the 125's which i would of thought would make a big difference. & they will also fit in the standard cylinder heads.

Are you sure these fit a std head? I interpret the Trials Direct description to mean they will fit the Pro cylinders, but you need the top half (STARS type head) to go with it.

Ben, you should keep to just reading the posts because you obviously don't no what your talking about little boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The inserts will NOT fit any of the standard cylinder heads, ONLY the "Stars" one....

They do make quite a big difference though once fitted, the High compression is the best option for the 125 as the very high is kept for when riding in places like Andora to get more power out of the bike, if you use the v.high straight away there's no way to get more power out of the bike.....

when it said that it fitted any pro model from 2002 onwards i thought it meant in the standard heads, sorry. but don't even call me a little boy, i'm nearly 16 you f*****g idiot, get a life. I know very much what i am talking about, just happened to get a little confused on the description.

Edited by GasGasben

Well said GasGasBen!!

We all make mistakes, for a variety of reasons- sometimes through ignorance, misinformation or as you say confusion- whatever the reason it is no excuse for disrespect and insults.

We often see discussions on the forum where conflicting views are expressed, this is both expected and healthy, but comments as made to this member are totally out of order

Steve

when it said that it fitted any pro model from 2002 onwards i thought it meant in the standard heads, sorry. but don't even call me a little boy, i'm nearly 16 you f*****g idiot, get a life. I know very much what i am talking about, just happened to get a little confused on the description.

[/qu

You've just proved you are a little boy with a reply like that.....

Swearing on a fourm doesn't make you look big little boy!!!!

& you just proved that you think no one ever makes mistakes. just trying to tell you i made a mistake, surely it's a bit harsh with your first reply, what did you expect me to say back to be honest lol. don't bother calling me a little boy again, just because i made one mistake.

stevel, cheers mate!