Brake And Clutch Levers

ausy300pro

Can anyone recommend a good pair of levers, I have a Majesty Yam that came with what seem like the most popular (cheap I think) levers on, I was thinking of looking for some better quality ones anyway, I have now broken front brake lever so have to replace the blade at least, good quality ones would be nice to improve feel and power, any ideas anyone ? Thanks

Try genuine AMAL levers

or

Genuine Domino levers

Both high quality , but i find the Amal levers offer the best feel and are most comfortable.

These are both forged instead of cast but they aint cheap!!

As they say ' you pay for what you get'

Try a couple of bikes with them on to see wat they are ilke if you can.

Yes a quick look at what's available seems to leave a choice of two (as you suggested pedronicman) going on look alone I prefer the Domino levers, tha Amal levers look old fashioned more pre65 style, I could be wrong not having seen either in the flesh, does not seem to be much difference in price between the two, I cannot get either local so will get a spare blade for the cheapo and order a new set, as you say though it would be nice to check feel etc before buying

I swopped over to Domino levers a while back - really good,but I found after a couple of trials the clamp screws came undone and they swivelled around on the bars.Spot of Loctite on the threads seems to have done the trick.

Very comfy to use along with the Renthal grips.

Another alternative is to use the clutch lever assembly from a Suzuki RM80X for brake and clutch.

They have the bendability properties of original TY levers and are of similar dimensions, have the right look for Japanese bikes of the era, the right cable end dimensions, have the right leverage ratio and are still available from Suzuki dealers.

I use AMAL levers on my Spanish bikes and RM80X levers on my Japanese bikes.