pedronicman

Hi which oil do i use?

Have been told 2 different types

ATF - which type

or 10W40 ?

Which type is correct?

Cheers

We've generally found that the Type-F ATF works well in the 06' on up, with the

thinner Belville springs. It's inexpensive so you can change it often without burning

the bank account.

10W-30 will also work, but I've found that the ATF is a little better suited for Trials

transmissions and wet clutches (light weight, about 7.5, with anti-foaming and

shear additives).

Jon

What about a 99 Gas Gas 370?

Thanks,

Terry

Hi Terry.

The "370" was the 1996 model (actually a 338cc engine) but the same basic engine as the 1999 models, so you would use about 650cc's of Dexron ATF.

The 09' engine is the "Pro" and a different engine design than the 99'.

The reason we recommend the Type-F ATF, over the Dexron ATF, for the 06' up is that the 06' on up uses a thinner Belville spring in the clutch and is

slightly more prone to slippage and the Type-F is a little more temperature tolerant.

Jon

Jon,

Thanks for the info, so do I not have a 370? The vin is 3799 after the inital letters so I figured it was a 99 370 even though it was advertised as a '99 320.

Thanks,

Terry

Hi Terry.

The "370" was the 1996 model (actually a 338cc engine) but the same basic engine as the 1999 models, so you would use about 650cc's of Dexron ATF.

The 09' engine is the "Pro" and a different engine design than the 99'.

The reason we recommend the Type-F ATF, over the Dexron ATF, for the 06' up is that the 06' on up uses a thinner Belville spring in the clutch and is

slightly more prone to slippage and the Type-F is a little more temperature tolerant.

Jon

I got an '09 250 and use Castrol Qtf and use 400ml from empty, make sure your oil level is halfway up the window. It comes in 1 litre bottles so best to buy 2 bottles that way you get 5 oil changes for around

Edited by Lightfeet

Jon,

Thanks for the info, so do I not have a 370? The vin is 3799 after the inital letters so I figured it was a 99 370 even though it was advertised as a '99 320.

Thanks,

Terry

Terry, you have a "321", the larger displacements had the "37" designation on the VIN. I have a 99' 321 in the shop with the "VTRGG3799....." as the VIN.

Jon