Dented Rim ?

gazzaecowarrior

My new tyre and new wheel seems to lose pressure only when I ride. It holds it pressure perfectly and doesn't lose any pressure when left for a whole week but as soon as I start riding, it goes down to flat after the first lap. I bought a tube of doctor sludge and put that in the wheel as I thought it may be coming out of the spokes. But same thing again. Doesn't lose any pressure when not in use but went down to flat after one lap. Could it be a dented rim ? It is a brand new wheel but I am wondering if I dented it whilst finishing the lap with a flat tyre. It doesn't appear dented when inspected. Any advice would be appreciated. I fit my own tyres and it is definately on right.

check nut on valve stem is nipped up and valve is tight,

blow up tyre to about 6lb , fill bath with water, slowly roll

wheel with downward pressure, look for any small bubbles

this will show the leak

hope this helps

It is a vee rubber tyre which is suitable for both tube and tubeless. Wheel is brand new as is the valve. I bought a new wheel to keep the old one for practice. When I first fitted the tyre I pumped it up to 30psi just to make sure it stayed on the rim. When I checked it a week later it was still 30psi. Only when in use does it deflate. I would be suprised if it was a valve issue as it would leak when not in use too. I really am stumped !!!

It is a vee rubber tyre which is suitable for both tube and tubeless. Wheel is brand new as is the valve. I bought a new wheel to keep the old one for practice. When I first fitted the tyre I pumped it up to 30psi just to make sure it stayed on the rim. When I checked it a week later it was still 30psi. Only when in use does it deflate. I would be suprised if it was a valve issue as it would leak when not in use too. I really am stumped !!!

Sounds like a kink in the tyre. at 30psi the pressure holds it tight to the rim. but at 5psi its moving enough to leak.