Gas Gas Pro 2005

mk4lee

Hi all,

I am new to the site and i am hoping someone out there maybe able to help me..

Right here we go, ive got a Gas Gas txt pro 2005 which has been sat for around three weeks in my garage and its been really cold all that time,

I tried to start the bike today and had no joy being relativley limited in mechanics i did the basics and took the plug out and gave it a sprouse up with a wire brush and checked the spark all seemed to be normal, I replaced the plug and nothing.. Next i checked fuel was getting from the tank to the carb all was good there to.. I then removed the carb and checked all was clean and correct and also checked the throttle cable and that the throttle was working and the floats wernt stuck.. Still no joy.. Next my friend suggested i put a small amount say a tea spoon of juice down the plug hole now the bike started but it was running full throttle, it was quite worrying i jumped on the kill switch but this didnt cut the bike out i had to jump on and select a high gear and stall the bike.. I again removed the carb but all seems fine, then i tried again but still the same, now when i turn the fuel on its just pours out of the over flow???????

please please help iam pulling my hair out now

thanks alot lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Edited by mk4lee

Hi all,

I am new to the site and i am hoping someone out there maybe able to help me..

Right here we go, ive got a Gas Gas txt pro 2005 which has been sat for around three weeks in my garage and its been really cold all that time,

I tried to start the bike today and had no joy being relativley limited in mechanics i did the basics and took the plug out and gave it a sprouse up with a wire brush and checked the spark all seemed to be normal, I replaced the plug and nothing.. Next i checked fuel was getting from the tank to the carb all was good there to.. I then removed the carb and checked all was clean and correct and also checked the throttle cable and that the throttle was working and the floats wernt stuck.. Still no joy.. Next my friend suggested i put a small amount say a tea spoon of juice down the plug hole now the bike started but it was running full throttle, it was quite worrying i jumped on the kill switch but this didnt cut the bike out i had to jump on and select a high gear and stall the bike.. I again removed the carb but all seems fine, then i tried again but still the same, now when i turn the fuel on its just pours out of the over flow???????

please please help iam pulling my hair out now

thanks alot lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Stuck floats. Even if you've free'd them up, check them again, or hit the side of the bowl with a hammer. Your bowl is already full, but the floats are not rising up to knock the fuel off.

Either that, or holes in your floats. Take them out and shove them in a beaker of petrol. Check if they actually float. If not, new floats are in order.

Needle height may be way out, but thats unlikely.

no insult taken like i said iam only limited in the mechanical department so all input is greatly appreciated ill double check ive got the carb out now and the floats are the correct way but i will check the cable...... thanks

I don't think a bike will run with floats in upside down.

probably not but was thinking if the floats were put in on top of the shut off then the bowl would just fill with fuel......

is it even possible to put them in upside down????

beer induced fault diagnosis is never the best kind :o

thanks for the help everyone i removed the carb again last night and the floats cant be put i upside down. i checked the cable wasnt caught/trapped, it was free all good up to now.. as it was 10.30pm by this point i didnt try the bike so fingers crossed when i get home today ill try her again.. oh and i tried the floats in a beaker of fuel and they do float and there was no visiable signs of damage..

got to say i was really impressed with the amount of help i got in a short time period will be using the site on a regular basis thanks again lets hope it works............. :o

run:

1 x pint of 1664

2 x pint of old speckled hen

4 x pints of hobgoblin

through it and leave it over night, certainly stops me running on full throttle :o

ha ha that would stop us all on full throttle no????????????

right ive now got the bike running down to the help of everyone it was the cable snagging slighty pulling the slider up ,,,

next problem i seem to of burnt the clutch out trying to stall the bike when it was running full bore (i cant believe my luck)

would anyone recommend i have ago myself having limited knowledge or leave it for someone in the know???????

i had a quick look on you tube and there is a video guide on there to changing the clutch but havnt been able to watch it all........... :o