Old Slide Scans

slapshot 3

Contributed some stuff for a book recently and found a pile of boxes of slides. Never used slides much but I did come across a couple of one member of these forums...he'll probably kill me.......how long ago Ross????? :o:D bugger's probably still got that jacket

post-787-1265319907.jpg

post-787-1265319923.jpg

Edited by Slapshot 3

Contributed some stuff for a book recently and found a pile of boxes of slides. Never used slides much but I did come across a couple of one member of these forums...he'll probably kill me.......how long ago Ross????? :D:wall: bugger's probably still got that jacket

Yes that's old B40RT with a jacket he still uses, I'm sure he had that SWM jacket at Alvie last year, am I right Ross?

Big John

(ps: I can't wait to see "that book", its hush hush at the minute!!! :o )

Yes that's old B40RT with a jacket he still uses, I'm sure he had that SWM jacket at Alvie last year, am I right Ross?

Big John

(ps: I can't wait to see "that book", its hush hush at the minute!!! :o )

Hi B J

No, jacket is in retirement (untill I get my SWM going again) using a Raceface cycling jacket, ideal for trials, even got a new helmet !

Ross

It's a secret no longer, see this week's Centrally Speaking.

The secret is out then, we can all breathe easily now!

I hate keeping secrets, but there you go.

That wily fellow Scot, Tommy Sandham (known to me as TDS!) is out of retirement and compiling a book specifically on the Pre-65 Scottish Trial. It should be available on sale at Kinlochleven this very year!!!

It's about time there was a book about this very special trial which complements the Three SSDT books Tommy wrote which of course I have in my collection of bikesport publications which threatens to take over my office here at Big John HQ.

Now where is my wallet? I'll have two copies please TDS!

Big John

The secret is out then, we can all breathe easily now!

I hate keeping secrets, but there you go.

That wily fellow Scot, Tommy Sandham (known to me as TDS!) is out of retirement and compiling a book specifically on the Pre-65 Scottish Trial. It should be available on sale at Kinlochleven this very year!!!

It's about time there was a book about this very special trial which complements the Three SSDT books Tommy wrote which of course I have in my collection of bikesport publications which threatens to take over my office here at Big John HQ.

Now where is my wallet? I'll have two copies please TDS!

Big John

Initial post re - edited :gay: ..... likewise, can't wait, one copy to read and the other to go with my other sealed set of special motorcycling publications..... :thumbup:

wow look at those crowds of spectators!!!!!!!

you don't get numbers like that venturing up pipeline these days. (please tell me it is pipeline otherwise I willl ook like a right idiot)

Just looked at the photos again, the big line of pipes in the back ground give it away :thumbup::gay:

Edited by thespikeyone

It's a secret no longer, see this week's Centrally Speaking.

Mr Rapley has been advised that Mr. Sandham must give up a minimum of two copies of his forthcoming book as competition prizes on TC in return for the extensive plug he received tonight. I believe Mr. Sandham is in agreement to this arrangement :thumbup:

wow look at those crowds of spectators!!!!!!!

you don't get numbers like that venturing up pipeline these days. (please tell me it is pipeline otherwise I willl ook like a right idiot)

Just looked at the photos again, the big line of pipes in the back ground give it away :thumbup::gay:

In some of the photos i've passed to Tommy the throng at Pipeline is incredible, in fact in one pic of Dave Thorpe you can barely see the section behind him as so many people surged in to see the top, that's how it used to be, P65 and the big trial. Same at Ben Nevis on the Saturday, used to get hundreds of folk standing ten deep craning to see the riders.

Mr Rapley has been advised that Mr. Sandham must give up a minimum of two copies of his forthcoming book as competition prizes on TC in return for the extensive plug he received tonight. I believe Mr. Sandham is in agreement to this arrangement

Ban Big John....... :D

Edited by Slapshot 3

Initial post re - edited :D ..... likewise, can't wait, one copy to read and the other to go with my other sealed set of special motorcycling publications..... :thumbup:

Oh my god, I am sure the wifey will willfully take a tenner for these at the garage sale when you croak!

I know better than to ask, but you got any good shoes size 10? :gay: