Hey Fat Lad !

ishy

35 days to go, getting plenty of time on the bike all sorted and ready to go. Looking at the Nevis web cam every day for a few weeks now hoping to see clear blue skies, mebe I should work on my tan this side of the pond.

post-3364-1269792482.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only 31 days before the first man out, I see Trials Central is sponsoring the bottled water again this year, since the fat lad isn't riding it should mean there will be more than enough for everyone.

PA are you ready ? I'll have to make sure I get some good quotes off you throughout the week, by the end of the week you should be able to get them down to a couple of words :P

Today's pic looks rather balmy

post-3364-1270138088.jpg

Edited by ishy

Been getting on the Cross Trainer every couple of days, don't want to peak too early. Riding the bike every weekend and did the 2 day trial over Easter but it's all pretty easy sections. Did go and practice in a slime covered rock creek in the rain last week and had to adjust my riding style to cope. Instead of slow and steady just give it to it and lean back and think of Scotland.

I'll be working the next two weekends so my bike training is about done, going to try and get to the gym and go for a run a couple of times a week work permitting. I always do as little as possibe the week before and start loading carbs as soon as I get to the Fort. I normally find Stella quite effective as its in liquid form.......

looking forward to it now whatever the weather :)

I always do as little as possibe the week before and start loading carbs as soon as I get to the Fort.

looking forward to it now whatever the weather :beer:

I had this mate I rode with a time or two did the same thing, but six month before :)

22 day's to go, I hope it isn't going to be all hot and sweaty all week, I can't return all this expensive Gortex if it doesn't rain, not to mention mi wellies too, well known Yorkshire nightmare, spending brass tha no need 't.

Folks are coming from all around the world to experience the SSDT, little bit of sun for the parade then lash down all week, you often see riders from warmer climes moaning about mud, cold, wet, how hard and how far it is, on the verge of packing it in, when along comes a Tyke " what's up wi thi tha soft bugger, it's nobutt a bit of mist, az working up a reet grand thirst tha nos"

That bit of snow soon thawed.

post-3364-1271079757.jpg

Edited by ishy

Think you'd better be greasing the canoe down, big metal bird'll still be on stop.

Experts on the news tonight are saying that the volcanoes are still ''Blowing'' and even if they stop it would be several days before it settles before flights can resume??

Is there any European airports operating? Maybe need to fly into there and then ''Thumb it'' :wall:

Experts on the news tonight are saying that the volcanoes are still ''Blowing'' and even if they stop it would be several days before it settles before flights can resume??

Is there any European airports operating? Maybe need to fly into there and then ''Thumb it'' :wall:

Loads of flight tests going on at the minute and a "suggestion" that the European Air Traffic authority and NATS may have been too cautious. All the test flights are coming back "clean", I suggest some of the main routes may open up in the next 24hours.

In 5 days the volcano has only erupted less than 1% of the volume of debris that Mount St Helens erupted therefore concentrations of particles are not that much, 3 parts per million, St Helens was around 150ppm over north America. I suspect a lot of panic, none of the airlines want to fall foul of litigation but if some of the biggies are losing

Had a fun blast round the woods this weekend before I set off on Wednesday morning, heavy snow, volcanos, the worlds airlines grounded, and it still looks like it will be a nice week, moor will ride well and those who blobbed on the entry will wish they hadn't.

Nowt much can be done now, if I'm not fit enough, I will be hurting by the end of the week, but that's nowt new.

Looking forward to it now ;)