Hi From A New Bultaco Owner

p@ul250

they work very good with the original Amal carb, in Spain in fact only Amal is elegible for the Pre72 category.

so just for information what other classes and categorys do they have ?

Blue (very tough route): Experts

Green: Divided into Pre80 and Twinshock (Post 80 bikes)

Yellow (easy): Divided into Pre72 and Clasicos (post 72 bikes)

Pre bikes with prweparations go to Twinshock or Clasicos.

Concentric carburetters only admited in the national and regional champs.

Not sure what you mean here, but yes, the Kit Campeon offered as an aftermarket update for the M49 was a one piece tank/seat unit as fitted to the later M80, as per Greeves' post. It didn't have a tank vent like the M49, the vent was in the filler cap.

What I meant is that Paul's bike is a standard M49 with the correct M49 tank and seperate seat unit. From the first picture you can't see the tank vent as it's on the other side, so the colour scheme and the fact that the filler cap has a breather makes it look like an M80 (or Kit Campeon) tank with the seat unit cut off.

You're right, of course. That paint scheme was throwing me way off.

• 3 years later...

• 2 months later...

Thought I would show you the latest picture of my Model 49, now that she has gone slim line (Kit campeon spec)

Brand new tank unit by Shed Works, all the rest from ebay and Bultaco UK.post-2720-0-65792800-1376508127_thumb.jpg

P.S big rear sprocket,as she pulls a chair!

• Like 3

Hi Dave,

We do a lot of practice at The Trials Park, Corton,Suffolk. My wife and I also run the trials section of the Norfolk & Suffolk Junior Mcc. As it happen's we are running next trial on the 25th August, at Little lodge Farm, Santon Downham, IP27 0TX. Starting at 10:30 am. We have route's that cater for all ability's and all age's. come and have a look!

The Norwich Vikings Mcc also do a good Beginner's and Wobbler's Trial. Have a look at http://www.easternacu.org

Regards

Paul