Wich Jets For Mikuni Carb.?

samo

Hello!

I have 250 Rev 2007mod. and tryed everything, but motor runs lean. I raised fuel level, clean all jets trying everything with air screw, needle..

Can someone tell me the best sizes of jets for Mikuni carb.?

Thanks

Samo

Spark is ok. It runs lean from the first day I bought this bike. When I raised fuel level it was a bit better, but not as it should be.

I want to try with biger jets, they are not too expensive. Just need the right sizes.

Cheers

The Rev3's LOVE high octane gas. If you're running pump gas they'll not work anywhere near their potential. Typically the Mikunis came from the factory with 30 pilot jets and I think 140 mains. Usually around here we knock the pilot down to a 27.5 and depending on weather the main to a 135. If you can't get good fuel you might be able to retard the ignition a bit but the engine will lose some of its "pop".

Do I need bigger needle also?

Probobly not, but first you need to see whats currently in your carburator. Dan Williams disclosed the factory jetting. Open the carb and see which size jets are installed now. What altitude do you ride at?

I use always 100 or 98 octane gas.

Altitude I ride is around 500m.

Now I have 27.5 pilot jet and 145 main.

Thanks guys, I much appreciate your answers.

Samo

Samo, if you currently have a 145 main and you change to a #140 you will be leaner. If stock is a #140 and you are now richer on the main maybe you have another problem. Maybe the head has been shaved for more compression or the ignition is to far advanced and you are not running enough octain. What kind of symptom are you getting bthat makes you feel that the motor runs lean from half throttle up?

Edited by Liviob