Problem Afther Changing A Rear Tire (x11).

luct4

Hello

i changed the rear tire from my beta Rev 3 4T. Afther that the tire runs flat

afther a 10 minutes ride. Before i put on the michelin X11 - light there

was a Michelin trial - comp on the wheel. What could be the problem?

Greathings

Luc (the belgium trial guy)

Hello

do all trials tires will go down afther a ......minutes? I'm thinking about

a vacation in Spain and will ride day-trips (+/- 60 km a day). To pump up the tire every ...minutes

is not an option. ??? Do i have to place an inner tire?

Greathings

Luc

Sounds like it needs a new rim tape!

Take the tyre off, remove the rim tape and give it a really good clean. Get some silicone and put a dab on the end of each spoke (inside the wheel, under where the rim tape would be) let it set then put a new rim tape on, replace the tyre and you shouldn't have any problems after that.

Had to do this with my wheel, the air would escape through the spokes within half an hour! Has worked a treat and stays up permanently now!

Yes, had the same thing when I damaged the rim tape changing a tyre on mine. I never could get it to seal properly again but as mine takes 24 hours to loose 1psi, I put up with it.

Fitting the new rim tape was one of the most frustrating things I have ever undertaken, you don't know if you've been succesfull until you refit the tyre and pump it up. After five or six goes, I just plastered silcoflex on the tape and gave up trying to do it properly.

People will tell you there's a knack for doing it and once you've got that then it's easy, but I certainly haven't got the knack. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Pete

Yes, had the same thing when I damaged the rim tape changing a tyre on mine. I never could get it to seal properly again but as mine takes 24 hours to loose 1psi, I put up with it.

Fitting the new rim tape was one of the most frustrating things I have ever undertaken, you don't know if you've been succesfull until you refit the tyre and pump it up. After five or six goes, I just plastered silcoflex on the tape and gave up trying to do it properly.

People will tell you there's a knack for doing it and once you've got that then it's easy, but I certainly haven't got the knack. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Pete

He, he , you pus!

:rolleyes: