Sherpa T Front/rear Wheels Hubs

chorleytrialsclub

Hello Can any one recommed what to do in order to get my sherpa t back into action, The problem is with the brakes, it does not have any!! both front and rear hub have worn through the steel inserts, I have seen hubs advertised but i have never done any wheelbuilding. i am not looking to spend loads of cash if possible, there are enough things to spend my hard earned money on as you will be well aware..the wheels and spokes are in good condition.

Thanks in advance..

J

Hello Can any one recommed what to do in order to get my sherpa t back into action, The problem is with the brakes, it does not have any!! both front and rear hub have worn through the steel inserts, I have seen hubs advertised but i have never done any wheelbuilding. i am not looking to spend loads of cash if possible, there are enough things to spend my hard earned money on as you will be well aware..the wheels and spokes are in good condition.

Thanks in advance..

J

Think you mean chrome inserts.

look at the bultaco uk website they have exchange hubs.

As has already been said the original hubs had chrome plated breaking surfaces, these wear out. You will need to have the hub machined out, and a steel insert fitted. Again as previously mentioned Dave Renham @ Bultaco UK is the recommended man. The difference this modification makes is tremendous. However this is no cheap fix. The exchange hub service from Bulktaco UK, is to my mind good value at