Nearly

houseape1000

I got a phone call this morning at 8:30, from the wife, saying that our neighbour has just been around and said at about 1:30am as he was going for a slash, he heard a loud bang, so decided to take a peek through the window.

There was 3 guys. One was in next doors garden looking over my fence, and the other two were kneeling down in front of my garage.

They saw him and ran off.

I made some bits at work, and spent the afternoon beefing up the security, extra locks, and alarm.

I have a good hasp and staple on the bootom of the door, cos I heard that the scumbags just bend garage doors up from the bottom and get in that way. The hasp and staple is fine still, but they've pryed the lock open.

I now have the hasp and staple on the bottom, and a drop bolt on each side about 500mm up, and a couple of new boron locks, and an alarm.

Have I missed anything, does anyone know of a better way of securing it.

I haven't got a ground anchor, doesn't seem much point as if theyre in the garage, they've got all the tools there to remove it anyway.

just realized- that last statement is sh*t......A ground anchor might buy me enough time to get down the stairs, and dish out some of what the law seems unable to understand.......bludgeoning !

My last house was broken into twice, so I moved, I will quite happily admit that if I find someone in my garden thats not supposed to be there, I will beat the living daylights out of whoever it is, with whatever Ive got. !!!!

The good news is, the bike's still there.

The shot gun alarm things are good, as said above not sure if they are legal though. I wired up an electric fence energizor to the handle of my shed when I was nearly bust into, nice 8000volt shock to anyone who touched it :rotfl: , but I removed it shortly after as I bloody new I'd forget most days. :rotfl: i,ve got two alarms, one mortice lock and three heavy duty hasp and staple locks now, be 10 times easier to break into the house.

what you need is a crossbow !!!!! no noise pin them to the garage door with it then ring the police and say you can hear a funny screaming noise outside your house that will sort the job ba**ards

The shot gun alarm things are good, as said above not sure if they are legal though. I wired up an electric fence energizor to the handle of my shed when I was nearly bust into, nice 8000volt shock to anyone who touched it :rotfl: , but I removed it shortly after as I bloody new I'd forget most days. :rotfl: i,ve got two alarms, one mortice lock and three heavy duty hasp and staple locks now, be 10 times easier to break into the house.

I quickly googled it, and they are still available in the uk. Will wake up a whole neighbourhood if set off and at the same time probably create a wet and messy situation in the scums underpants!

Wayne.....

fate / tempting

yeah...i know what you are saying...there just isnt that much crime here

I cant get all my bikes in the cellar a few are in tghe shed which has no lock and has a wooden door.....

It was like that in devobn when i lived there in 1978!!!

Stayed in a motel in ffelfd on the way to the 2008 sun inn...no bus, just 4 bikes on a trailer....slept in the car!!!

Never mind

I do have a big black dog though...maybe that helps..

Typacally,good signage such as dog and alarm warnings go a long way. Most thieves are cheap quick hit artists for the easy prey and dislike those things! And will avoid them!

A simple system of a loud siren can easily be made, even using battries and a few microswitches. Loud noises they do not like, and can be much more effective than the single shot blast. That may not wake me!

It gets more exotic when you buy wired or wireless magnetic switches, yet the principal is the same. :rotfl:

Didn't want to post this before, but this happened the night before I was going away for the weekend......

I had to get good n drunk to forget about it !

The good thing about it is that I now know that my security wasn't up to scratch........It is now ! Takes 10 mins to get in the garage with the keys, would take an hour with a stihl saw without keys....ha.

I'm a 6'3'' 16 stone ginger b*stard that hates thieving scumbags that think they have the right to take what I've worked hard for, and hate being woken up.......

I PITY THE FOOL !

This.

Scruffy little b#####ds annoy me with just that metal attitude. We pay enough when we get robbed of taxes to feed their addictions and housing benefits never mind theiving for what is a few pence they'll gain from.