Lowering Footpegs.

liviob

I have a 09 290 EVO. Which I like very much. Yesterday I rode a 2010 Sherco 290 and noticed that it seemed easyer to balance when standing still. Do you think that the footpegs are mounted lower on the Sherco.? If lower footpegs would make the bike easyer to balance which pegs are best for the Beta.

Edited by Liviob

That is certainly a possibility snapshot 3. I was on the Sherco for about ten minutes and there were many notable differences. I cant say they were better but they were noticeable and gave the bike it's unique feel. The Sherco did have flatter footpegs. Maybe a little larger too. So you fellas that use a larger flatter footpeg do you think they help your balance any or do they just make your feet happyer because of the larger area of support.

Edited by Liviob

I have a 09 290 EVO. Which I like very much. Yesterday I rode a 2010 Sherco 290 and noticed that it seemed easyer to balance when standing still. Do you think that the footpegs are mounted lower on the Sherco.? If lower footpegs would make the bike easyer to balance which pegs are best for the Beta.

May be the easier to balance thing has something to do with Sherco moving the fuel tank and airbox to lower the centre of gravity. That was their intended idea so it must have worked. :barf:

I use Raptor titanium pegs, not a mark on them after three years.

I think you nailed it John.B. Because the center of gravity was noticeably lower on the Sherco. After getting back on my Beta i could easily feel the effects of the weight of the top side fuel tank. While I do find the Beta easy to balance. I think the window for the point of no return back to center is smaller. The front wheel was also noticeably lighter on the Sherco. The engineers added alot of flywheel weight to the motor to keep the front wheel managable. It felt like it had a spring between the throttle and the motor. Unlike my EVO the Sherco motor was always lagging behind the throttle which for some people might be a likable trait. I'm pretty sure the Sherco was jetted right. It didnt have any spooge at the spark arrester.

S3 hardrock, good price, adjustable. I put mine in the center and adjusted the rear brake lever down a bit and don't forget to adjust the rod to the master cylinder. I'm going to put them on my 2010 sherco, liked them that much.

Have any of you used these pegs? Their also angled up five degrees. The cages are replaceable and made of stainless steel.

https://secure.rypusa.com/prodpage.cfm?cat_...&startrow=9

I fitted these pegs and had a ride. These pegs offer a better feel than stock. Much more foot support and comfort. I was concerned about the 1/2" back and 3/8" down, but they feel very natural on my Beta Evo.