Trialscentral Party On The Ben

bigfoot

Right, first on all let me say, Andy will no doubt back up this post soon with front page news and far more details outlining what's going on so don't bombard me with questions about the event itself. Let me only say you're in for a big surprise and a very very special event.

The reason for this post is that we are going to be running a Scott style charity auction at the Party on the Ben during this years UK rounds of the SPEA FIM Trial World Championship at Nevis Range near Fort William.

I have a list of dealers that I'm soon going to be approaching for donations and Jake Miller of L+M Events is going to be speaking to the factories too so hopefully we will have some very special lots up for grabs. For those of you not attending the event (shame on you) there will be an opportunity to bid ahead of time as the list of lots will be published here and bids can be made by email up to the day before the event.

What I'm looking for here are any other donations that you the real trials centralers can offer. If you have a company involved in the sport or not and want to be associated just sent me a PM or email and I'll send you the letter the other dealers are getting. You will get quite a bit of free exposure on this site between now and the event at the end of June. If you are an individual who has anything trials related that you think someone may buy, sitting around at home then also get in touch. The proceeds are all (100%) going to a couple of good causes so please help out where you can.

The first charity is Macmillan Cancer Support who helped care for my own father during his final weeks. The second charity is something very close to Andy's heart and will be announced shortly.

Edited by bigfoot

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

true on that mate i should definently be going but its a shame you are a yank ;)

You are correct, sucks I cannot be there.

Firstly, we doo indeed need to move this topic to a more visable thread, such as the General topic. Slap or Andy can accomodate that!

Secondly, I do have a bit of modern technology on my side! (Royal Mail) and as soon as Bigfoot sends me a PM wit the addy, I do indeed happen to want to send in a nice bit for the donation. Beats the cheap Tesco beer I was sending to TC camp! Drunkards can spend som money, and i can be be famous, again! :thumbup:

I was unsure where best to put this topic. I could move it but I'm still not sure where it would sit best and get most views on here.

I'm finalising the donation letter just now and as soon as I and Andy are happy with it I send you a copy. Any donations not matter how small are greatly appreciated. Lets hope you're not the only one to offer from on here.

I was unsure where best to put this topic. I could move it but I'm still not sure where it would sit best and get most views on here.

I'm finalising the donation letter just now and as soon as I and Andy are happy with it I send you a copy. Any donations not matter how small are greatly appreciated. Lets hope you're not the only one to offer from on here.

Got the note today, great! I'll get package off!

I'lltellin advance, it's a nice new set of Hebo gloves size L in red. Light on the post! Good to be had by many, yet red is not my color. Should do a few good quid in the auction. Hope others do something as well. :thumbup:

Do we have Big John up for the task of auctioneering?

Big (real deal) John has accepted my offer to take up the gavel for the auction. His performances during the last two Scott Trial auctions have been great. He's not quite reached cattle auction vocal speeds yet but he's still got time to practice. :thumbup:

I fully expect this to be a very successful auction as part of a very special and unique event. Now where are the rest of your donation pledges?

Big (real deal) John has accepted my offer to take up the gavel for the auction. His performances during the last two Scott Trial auctions have been great. He's not quite reached cattle auction vocal speeds yet but he's still got time to practice. :thumbup:

I fully expect this to be a very successful auction as part of a very special and unique event. Now where are the rest of your donation pledges?

I'd better stay off the beers then eh BJ?

I've got a spanky new Heidenau 4.00 x 18 rear tyre that could fetch a pound or two if someone is desperate enough? Maybe possibly more buckshee bits and bobs lying around that might be of some use to someone? If you're going to be at the next club trial I can fetch it all with me? I could also take it with me in June or is that too late? Let me know what you want done John and I'll see it happens.

GJ :thumbup: