What Size Of Trials Bike ?

cabby

My good lady partner is thinking of getting in to trials as well, however I have no idea what size of bike would suit her.

She's 5'3" not that that's relevant but only 8 stone !!

What would you recommend ?

btw she's been riding motorcyles for 30 years so not a novice rider but novice at trials obviously.

Edited by Thedbf

Good for you;... Janet (my bettter half ) is so enthusiastic about riding that DIY etc gets forgotten Sundays are trials obligatory! Jan has had all manner of bikes including 4rt but the 200 evo she has now is perfect for her, like other guys say it's forgiving and doesnt need too much tecnique to ride . I would say that weight is the enemy, ease of starting is important. and dont forget the price you pay for being "dragged" out to go trialling is double the maintainance and repairs so its worth having same make bikes. We both ride 200 evos and it is surprising how different the 2 bikes are in terms of feel/riding performance. The other memorable bike for her was a 160 Gas Gas, similar proposition to 200 beta ..not too "top heavy" and forgiving . Hope this helps

just converted my daughters latest 125 gasser to 200 (about 165 actual capacity), put a head spacer on it this time, lovely soft power delivery, bike is also easier to kick up now, ideal size bike for mere mortals like myself, the 125 conversion is also quite light compared to a 250 a bit of a bonus when you only weigh 8 stone i should think