Sheffield

nigel dabster

As far as the website goes, I can only apologise. Trials Central became a victim of it's own success. The chat system was tested, but not under load. So many people logged on it simply couldn't cope. My thanks go to r2w for his efforts and improvisation to get round the problem.

I was on the phone (Skype) with R2 during those early stages...mad rattle of keys and a few swear words, but he pulled it out.

Big thanks to Andy, Kinell and R2...it was a great time!!

Yes, thanks much for putting this all together and taking some time in the heat-of-battle to give a section over view so those of us on the Yahoo group had an idea of what they looked like.

Awesome! Thanks again, it was excellent!

Mike

I have to agree, first time I have missed Sheffield in the last 6 years and really regretted it at about 3pm yesterday.

However, the coverage was great and was the next best thing to being there.

I liked IanJ's idea of getting it streamed over the web last night, but having chatted with one of my old mates at the Beeb this PM, while the technology can do it, the organisers (Octagon ?) would probably want to much for the rights to may it work.

They have the capacity for 50,000 simultaneous web video streams, and Saturday Night is always quiet for their usual stuff. Would have to be 'Pay Per View'

If there's any weathy entreprenure's out there..........