Recomendation Please

cabby

I have kinda asked the question before, but here goes, my partner is interested in getting into trials and although I have asked this question before about what bike would suit her, this time I have had her out on my bike, and I know now that there is too much compression in my 250 for her to start, also she is too small to be able to stand up and kick it.

So with that in mind, what size of bike will suit her best, she's 5' 2 " and 8 stone...

Apologies for asking the same question again, but this time I come having seen her on my bike...

Your lady may find a 125 just right.

My 14 year old is 5' 2" and 6.5 stone. He has no problems riding or starting his 2010 Gas Gas.

The bike feels very light and the throttle response at low revs is quite docile, however, wind it up and it flys !!!

I would say the same about all the Gas Gas 125's we've had since 2004. This latest version is the best so far though.

Good luck.

A 200 is a lot easier to start than a 250 and less stressed and more forgiving that a 125. If you can find a good one for sale, it's well worth a look.

Pete

What Pete said, and the Beta is the best of them, completely neutral in handling, nice soft engine with plenty of poke if needed.

This is a great observers bike if she is riding around to watch if not get a 200 2t if she wants rideability in sections.

Why do you advise that the SY175 is not rideable in sections?

No argument that the bike is not the tool for a highly accomplished rider.

I would argue that it is a more than competitive bike for the beginner, and a fair level beyond.

Granted, I had to work harder at it, but was more than competitive on mine, while weighing about 16 stone.

Consider that the guy is asking for advice on a bike for an extremely light, female rider, just getting started in trials, and I think that the SY175, or SY200, easily qualifies as a candidate.