Magicals Twinshocks

danbeaven

Did you order them from the todotrial site?

I like the look of them, but am tempted by Rockshocks, as they are cheaper and are British.

I've had two sets of Falcons and bust both of them - the first set worked well, until I bent the rods like bananas

I have used and test in different trials the three kind of shoks Magicals/RockShocks/Falcons and honestly at this point of quality I think it is a matter of personal preference.

Still have Magicals in some bikes (will not throw them away while they work), but my personal preference goes clearly to the RockShocks, maybe as they are the ones that better adapt to the way I drive, and balance a good cost/quality + easy to tune up + easy & cheap to repair.

Can also add that Magicals are maybe the best for tough sections with big steps etc. (in the other hand the reparation of one Magical shock that was leaking oil cost me 150 euros recently), while the RockShocks are the perfect "weapon" for river beds with rocks (Scottish pre65 kind of sections I mean). Of course just a personal opinion.

As Greeves ,

I have tried all three, and the same ,Rockshocks come out top overall, mainly because of the super service John Bull gives,nothing seems to much trouble when it comes to set up, also initial cost ,rebuildable ,etc.

And these shocks have moved on in performance since John became the owner and added his input to the building..

Falcons are undoubtably also very good, if you can wait for delivery.

I have rock shocks on my Majesty, it had betor gas shocks on before the rock shocks and have to say the rock shocks are a big improvement over the betor shocks, also same as others who have bought them I cannot praise the service enough, cannot see how falcons (or any others for that matter) can be worth the extra expense or hassle ?