Any Word From Tishomingo,today Natc

northernnorm

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case you did not see the scores of the top pros, Cody on 16!!!!!!, Pat on 35, Keith Wineland on 70, and Ron III on 146! Are you kidding me. What a performance by Cody! Congrats! What a jump in scores from 1st to 4th...........That is insane!

It was a tough Trial, no doubt. I'll try to post a couple of photos I took ( in between duties at the sections)

with the backpack camera when I get time.

I told Johnny English to say hi to you for me when he sees you in a couple of weeks. For some reason he looked

REALLY tired at the time and may not remember............

Jon

Good job Cody. Hey who was your minder?

Clive,

You mean this guy? I found him trying to hide out on section 7...

I'll post some photos of the other Pros when I get a minute to spare.

Heres a couple of Cody. I may have some good ones on Pat and the others

also. Pat really bounced back on Sunday and rode at top form as we all know

he is capable of.

Interesting note is the fact that Kip's father, Whitey Webb (Grandfather of Cody)

was the guy who got me interested in Trials. Few know of the long history of the

Webb family in Trials and what an influence they have had. Another piece

of history is the effect Clive's dad, Derek, has had on me (as well as all of Northern

Californian Trials) and how much he taught me about setting up a Trial and how

to make sections both fun and challenging. I owe a lot to both these people.

Jon

post-2532-1272912507.jpg

post-2532-1272912535.jpg

post-2532-1272912557.jpg

Good job Jon,

Cody seems in top form, I have not seen him in a while and I seemed to notice he has lost weight and is really on his game! He is a great kid!

I shall only post up one photo here, I had to work really hard to get this one!

I had a look through the others, and there are quite a few that turned out well, nice day and far too many to narrow down to a small perspective here, so I have done something a bit different and gone with the photobucket thing, which is new to me, yet seems to allow me to share these in a better perspective as some are not great in themselves but maybe better taken is series or such. Most of the EX and PRO riders, then the awards, which many had to leave early due to drives.

Anyway, I will try to set up a different deal in the Trials Photography section that is linked to the others that all may access! :D

post-36-1272942030.jpg

Miles Morgan and Ron Commo III.

I saw some flashes of brilliance from Ron, he's still adjusting to the new bike. He would cruize through a tough obstacle and have a little trouble with the next, lesser one. When he starts stringing things together, watch out.

Jon

post-2532-1272942839.jpg

post-2532-1272942855.jpg

post-2532-1272942896.jpg

post-2532-1272942915.jpg

The job of trialsmaster for this years Natc s looks impossible as far as PRO class goes ,even more disparity than the WTC results . It wouldnt work ,but if the top 3 had the stupid 60 second time limit to follow there may be some closer events. The FIM is seemingly trying to make trials nearly NO_STOP with out really saying that. How far weve come when in Portugal there were plenty of riders on course for just over 2 hr s total. To me that is a drastic and dismal departure from a reall gruelling 7 hour affair that has often been the case before this new (spectator friendly crap) of 2010 . I like the sooner cup format ok for some rounds ,and I am sure other WTC rounds will have normal long loops and take a more normal time ,I think the # of riders being less will take some time to figure out a more fitting lap time.

Edited by northernnorm

The job of trialsmaster for this years Natc s looks impossible as far as PRO class goes ,even more disparity than the WTC results . It wouldnt work ,but if the top 3 had the stupid 60 second time limit to follow there may be some closer events. The FIM is seemingly trying to make trials nearly NO_STOP with out really saying that. How far weve come when in Portugal there were plenty of riders on course for just over 2 hr s total. To me that is a drastic and dismal departure from a reall gruelling 7 hour affair that has often been the case before this new (spectator friendly crap) of 2010 . I like the sooner cup format ok for some rounds ,and I am sure other WTC rounds will have normal long loops and take a more normal time ,I think the # of riders being less will take some time to figure out a more fitting lap time.

So whats the score is Pat finished with the WTC ?

Miles Morgan and Ron Commo III.

I saw some flashes of brilliance from Ron, he's still adjusting to the new bike. He would cruize through a tough obstacle and have a little trouble with the next, lesser one. When he starts stringing things together, watch out.

Jon

Jon:

from what I understand too, Ronnie rode the entire weekend with a fractured foot!!!! Impressive, and encouraging for him too. Just think how well he can do when he is healthy and used to his new bike!!!!

Steve

Jon:

from what I understand too, Ronnie rode the entire weekend with a fractured foot!!!! Impressive, and encouraging for him too. Just think how well he can do when he is healthy and used to his new bike!!!!

Steve

I'll tell you Steve, he didn't look as tired as Johnny English did, you must not have as many big nasty rocks up in Canada as we do down here in Oklahoma.........:D

Jon

I'll tell you Steve, he didn't look as tired as Johnny English did, you must not have as many big nasty rocks up in Canada as we do down here in Oklahoma.........:D

Jon

Jon:

Jonathon English is from Ontario and big scary rocks are just about extinct there. Fortunately he will be back on the westcoast where we have tonnes of them, and they are even covered in moss!