Unofficial Congratulations To Alexz Wigg

doogle

What a fantastic result for Alexz Wigg. A rider from the south midland centre where there is not a natural rock for 100 miles taking the Scottish. I know the results have still got to be officially confirmed. It also makes my claim to fame of beating him once in a trial sound even better (I don't mention the fact that i was 22 and he was about 8 when I tell this story). Congrats to the rest of the Wigg team as well. Nice pictures of Alexz and Julian at the end. I am sure he is very proud.

I couldn't get up to spectate for the first time in a few years ( which is probably why the weather has been good) but sounds like the organisers did a great job again and overcame some big problems. On other notes I feel sorry for Ben Hemmingway coming so close again, and I was surprised Cabestany wasn't more on the pace. I realise the sections are very differnt but at his level you would think you could adapt to anything. Could bode well for the British boys in June?

Anyway well done to all involved, and to all the riders who took part. Roll on next year.

Wonder how many times Browny wished his bike would have started...............................that's the SSDT I'm afraid man and machine need to start and finnish, Doug and Browny have there own unfortunate stories to tell but beleive me there will be loads more!!!

Well done Wiggy top ride to hold your nerve Saturday

.....and will Albert be back next year?????????????

Regardless of the problems of Dougie & Browny, Alexz still had to go clean on the last day to be sure of his chances of the win. He done that under immense pressure and also with feeling a bit low on his form of late in the FIM word rounds. That was a very special ride and very well done to him :thumbup:

Yeah, nice one Alexz. The pressure he was under yesterday must have been massive superb effort to finish it off, the joy on his face at the top of the THB was there for all to see, congrats Alexz. Nice to see the emotion on Bigwig's face as well :thumbup:

Very interesting week, lots of subtle twists and turns. Doug's problems on Monday obviously knocked him out of the running but he was superb. Michael's issue's on Wednesday morning must have been a nightmare for him, though what I have noticed all week with him is that he really is cool, calm and collected ALL THE TIME, just a shame he had his early day yesterday.