Sprocket Change On 4rt

ludde

Picked up my 4rt yesterday and had my first ride on it today...made my first crash today too :)

I found it a little bit difficult to drive slow on 1 gear, since the tick over is relativly high...

has anyone tested the bike with the 43 rear sprocket on? is it better?

otherwise the bike is great and drive almost anywere with 1 gear (standard sprocket on), would be shame to loose that

Hi Ludde, "Trail Bike Magazine" commented on this in there test of the bike in there January 05 issue and suggested to either go up two teeth on the rear sprocket or down one on the gear-box sprocket, please let us know how you get on.

Gaff.

What did the tbm test say gaff?

That the 315R they had as a comparison would blast to the top of a long, steep snotty climb without any fuss or effort and the 4RT struggled to get halfway up on 4 attempts and just wouldn't power up it at all......

They gave up trying to fire the 4RT up it

the only place that i think the 4rt isn't equally to the 2T is in the WC. but for a clubman it is equal or even better because of it's huge amount of grip.

I've watched some videos from the practice yesterday and i think i found my trouble, i just don't give it enough throttle. my dad (who had a RTL250S for 14 years) let's the poor 4rt well down below idle and the engine spits and moans but DOESN'T stall, and he says the me that i just have to give it enough throttle and would not stall, like it was the easiest thing in the world.

do anyone know if any other rear wheels fit the 4rt so i don't have to buy a new 43 sprocket before i can test it instead borrow a rear wheel from somone.

Has anybody really thought about the 'power' issue regards clubman?? Now i know that some folks (a lot promoting it , granted) have said that the bike has enough power, but really. We have all over the years seen and constantly heard of and joined into the power debate.Where all the sheep say this that and the other about bikes compared to wtc and how much power a clubman needs and other things a million miles away from their personal reality.

I have held Ishy as an example in the ssdt many times on his 125 as he has im sure much more, but right here goes,and i 100% include myself in this............

MOST OF YOU ARE F*****G USELESS compared to the bike that you are riding!! Be it a 125 4t scorpa or a 300 pro.!! All these bikes are better than you and it is about time that you realised that no bike is **** , underpowered or any other B*****ks that you choose to believe cos you have seen it on tv or someone told you!!!!! It dont matter what may happen at wtc level cos you aint even going to be good enough to even watch , let alone ride.!!! So try and enjoy riding yer own overpowered motorcycle , maybe consider buying one that you are capable of hanging onto and leave the wtc talk to the experts.Afterall there arent many of you how could ride Rossi's bike eh??

:)

Has anybody really thought about the 'power' issue regards clubman?? Now i know that some folks (a lot promoting it , granted) have said that the bike has enough power, but really. We have all over the years seen and constantly heard of and joined into the power debate.Where all the sheep say this that and the other about bikes compared to wtc and how much power a clubman needs and other things a million miles away from their personal reality.

I have held Ishy as an example in the ssdt many times on his 125 as he has im sure much more, but right here goes,and i 100% include myself in this............

MOST OF YOU ARE F*****G USELESS compared to the bike that you are riding!! Be it a 125 4t scorpa or a 300 pro.!! All these bikes are better than you and it is about time that you realised that no bike is **** , underpowered or any other B*****ks that you choose to believe cos you have seen it on tv or someone told you!!!!! It dont matter what may happen at wtc level cos you aint even going to be good enough to even watch , let alone ride.!!! So try and enjoy riding yer own overpowered motorcycle , maybe consider buying one that you are capable of hanging onto and leave the wtc talk to the experts.Afterall there arent many of you how could ride Rossi's bike eh??

:)

Given up smoking again?

• 2 weeks later...

today i tested my 4rt with the 43 rear sprocket and it's perfect, it makes the bike more powerfull and it's slow enough to ride stream sections without allmost any use of clutch. it's a strong recommendation.

another thing that's great yo do is to weld a piece of pipe (about 5 cm long) to the last restrictor. make the pipe face downward about 45 degrees and it takes away alot of the noice specially for the one riding the bike. i can't say i feel any difference in power or rapidness at all.

can anyone tell me what the difference the restrictors make? is it worth taking just one out or is it all in or all out? :angry:

a little remark: when i rode today it was +2 degrees celsius and lots of melting snow and plenty of ice too. i rode the same sections as i did on my GasGas 321. some of the sections i had difficulty cleaning in the dry on the gasser i cleaned today with the 4rt and with ease. it's unbelievable how much traction you get from this bike. :D