Software To Bach Convert Photos

thespikeyone

Hi folks,

I have loads of photos that I want to put on a website, but I have been told the have to be converted to 72dpi.

Does anyone know of or use any software that you can convert batches of photos rather than doing the one by one on photoshop, free waould be best but I am willing to pay a small amount.

Cheers

Spike

If you do have Photoshop already then follow these steps:

This is how it works in the CS4 version of Photoshop, and from memory the CS3 and previous versions. I am not sure about Photooshop Elements or some of the more parred down versions.

Put all the photos you want to convert into one folder and name it.

Open Photoshop

Go to the "file" pull down menu at the top

Scroll down and open "scripts"

Then open "image pprocessor"

This will open a dialogue window

choose the folder you put all your photos in

and choose the setting you want as far as quality (dpi) and size etc.

Press the "RUN" button and presto ....done.

There is other ways to do it in Photoshop with the batch processor but this one is pretty simple and straight forward.

should be able to do it in under a minute.

cheers, here Bach at ya!

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

The 'dpi' setting you refer to (which more correctly is a ppi setting) has no effect on displays. It's almost always ignored by 99% of software and was historically used in DTP software to cater for the fact that Mac displays were at 96ppi and PC displays were at 72ppi to ensure that images placed within the flow of the page were displayed correctly (i.e. representative of the image's size in relation to the page).

The only thing that affects image size on a display are the pixel dimensions.

So, if you upload at 300ppi, 72ppi, or 1ppi the image will look exactly the same and have the same file size. In fact in Photoshop the only time you can set the ppi is when you resize the image at which point it gives you the equivalent inches size should you decide to print it out at that ppi.

PPI is relevant only to printing.

• 2 months later...