Lefties Vs Righties

m4rt

Is theere any evidence that left handed riders are better at trials?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is theere any evidence that left handed riders are better at trials?

• I am right handed.
    • I am left handed.

So if you take the throttle assembly off the right bar and put it on the left, this would then reverse the operation, so one would have to pull to shut off and push to rev up :):( me thinks this would help a lot of riders cause many go a*** way about job anyhow.

Bit like the winky w**ky bird, when it winks it w**ks and when it w**ks it winks, son stop throwing sand in it's eyes.

Edited by ishy

I'm amphidextrous,I've tried riding both left handed and right handed and find I have a much greater degree of control in forward motion right handed than I have facing backwards riding left handed.

But to be fair,I dont practise my left hand riding as much as I should because my Minder won't hold my rear vision mirror steady enough for me to get a good line.

To get a more accurate indication I really should turn the handle bars around so the throttle is on the left.

I won't vote Bil....M4RT,till I'm sure which is the best for me.

:):(:o

Actualy there is/was a left handed throttle availble. I demoed a bike many years ago that had a left hand throttle tube that acted just like the right handed one.

The clutch can be easliy reversed along with front brake to accomidiate a real left handed throttle.

The guy had a handicap and had his bike heavly modified. The bike was a Fantic 305 I beleive. He even had the rear brake pedal moved to the other side to accomidiate his handicap.

I think it is a good poll.

BillyT

well I'm a leftie and have no problem with operating the throttle with my right hand its the only way I've tried, as for turning in a section I prefer to turn right up banks and hills than turning left, maybe has something to do with the throttle being in towards the centre of the bike but turn left my right arm is stretched out further, does this makes sense :)

I always naturally hop the other way to most people - back wheel to the left, flick turns to the right, but I'm right handed. You are right though it does tend to be the left handed way.

I'd feel more comfortable going the other way at grasstrack too...would scare the **** out of the other riders twice a lap though eh :)

My kids a leftie, I've wondered before if I have a bit of leftie in me....oooh er missus.

I've noticed that there are a disproportionate number of good leftie squash players. I played in a team about 10 years ago where I noticed all of the other four players were lefties.

Not sure if it can cause so much difference in trials where you use both sides fairly equally though.

A mate of mine was a top 10 ranked motocrosser on KTM's back in the mid 1970's. He crashed and broke his right wrist early in the season, it was pinned and movement was very restrictive. Easy solution....fit a left hand throttle, he finished the year in 6th place!!!!!!

Unsurprisingly, there were many injuries caused when other riders tried out the bike !!!!

Martin

Edited by MartinM

righty me - the left is used for repositioning the knackers after riding over anything bigger than a worms turd mound - never used the clutch so removed the lever - stops the old fingers getting squashed, make sense ah! :wall:

Edited by spud